South Bend Metal Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

I purchased a new lathe so I'm selling my other one. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact, if I had the room I would keep it.

Before we get started I thought you might like to see my new one:biggrin:...

AAA.jpg

BBB.jpg

CCC.jpg

DDD.jpg

It's a Precision Matthews 1340GT gunsmithing lathe, VERY precise:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The lathe I'm selling is a South Bend 1001 8"x18" lathe. It's about 4 years old and was bought new, by me, for just over $3,000.

I'm asking $1,000 and it comes with everything you see in the following pics. This is a PICK-UP ONLY sale, I will NOT ship it.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

The rolling base is included and that circuit board is brand new!!! It's about $500 if you had to buy it. When I first bougt the lathe I was having trouble with the Variable Speed control. I called the factory and they sent me a complete circuit board. When I went to install it I found it was only a loose wire so I never had to use it.

PM me if you're interested and we can talk about it.

THANKS!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cwolfs69

might be interested

i may be able to come down and pick it up. i need the measurement of the rolling base. not specific ins and outs but the basic footprint that it takes up. let me know and i will get back to you.

moke

Awesome lathe ....congrats! It's all very impressive..... down to the fan!!!
Is the stand a Matthews or is it a custom build by you ? I am preparing to buy my own metal lathe. The stand needs to be on rollers. The lowest I can find is 37.5", your new one appears to be lower...may I ask you to measure it? Floor to tray?
The South Bend is an awesome price and lathe, if I was a 1000 mi closer and Charley wasn't interested I would be ALL over that!

Last edited:

rherrell

i may be able to come down and pick it up. i need the measurement of the rolling base. not specific ins and outs but the basic footprint that it takes up. let me know and i will get back to you.

Hey Charlie,

The base is 48"wide, 18" deep and 27" tall. If we remove the wheels it's 23.5" tall. I made it for sitting, I'm disabled and need to sit when I work.

rherrell

Awesome lathe ....congrats! It's all very impressive..... down to the fan!!!
Is the stand a Matthews or is it a custom build by you ? I am preparing to buy my own metal lathe. The stand needs to be on rollers. The lowest I can find is 37.5", your new one appears to be lower...may I ask you to measure it? Floor to tray?
The South Bend is an awesome price and lathe, if I was a 1000 mi closer and Charley wasn't interested I would be ALL over that!

I made it myself Mike, I have to sit when I work. It's 60" wide, 24" deep and 22" tall. It's made from 2" square tube with a .187" steel top.

TonyL

Very nice. I am only 5 hours from you. I was very interested last year. Looks like this is going to move fast. Congratulations on your new lathe!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OMG!!!! :eek: Those are both beautiful lathes. Congratulations on the PM Rick!

I have to talk to my rich uncle :biggrin: Charley has first dibs though. Definitely worth the trip.

cwolfs69

cant get it mike

hey mike go ahead and get it if he will. i just do not have room for it. just got a new CNC router and have fiulled my garage space sompletely. wife would kill me and we would have to go in and out through the back door. great pprice and would love to drive down and pick it up but just cant.

Carl Fisher

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I wish the timing was just a little better and I'd be all over this thing.

Mike, I replied to your email. If you're in the market for a good metal lathe, this is a great unit and has a TON of all the right goodies included for a killer price.

South Bend Lathe

Thanks Charlie. Sorry it didn't work out for you but I will give it a good home. Thanks Carl for the comments. Maybe we can put some time on it together.
Thanks Rick! I look forward to meeting you soon.

Mike

Top Bottom