source for $100 bill Sierra blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Bruce Egolf (bruce119) used to make them. He made a hundred of them for me four years ago. Not sure if he still does or not. Send him a PM.

thewishman

JohnU was making some money blanks last year, with strips of the bills. I don't see any listed at Exotic Blanks now, but check with John.

Bruce isn't around much like he used to be, his money blanks made me money.:)

OLLIEwinz

I'm still not sure how to post pictures properly but i got a $100 bill blank from bjbear76 as part of a welcome gift. i really love it and so do my customers

Crashmph

I have started making $100 bill blanks with the new color $100 bills. I should have some posted for sale in the next few weeks.

Jim Smith

OLLIEwinz,

If you had the $100 blanks from Bruce, there was a mixture of real money and reproduced/printed. I was told that when the treasury makes an error in printing bills, they chop us the incorrect bills. This is different from the old, worn out money which they shred. Bruce took the chopped up money and added a reproduction of Ben Franklin's face (Bruce was a printer by trade when he retired). He then placed these pieces on a blank and cast it. I have one of these in front of me now as it is my daily carry pen.

Jim Smith

Crashmph

Reproduction images are what I use. It is an image that I created from various sections of the $100 bill.

Additionally, Bruce has since retired from making his $100 bill blanks. So if you have any of those blanks left, they are true rare gems now.

JohnU

Additionally, Bruce has since retired from making his $100 bill blanks. So if you have any of those blanks left, they are true rare gems now.

Exactly! I've made lots of shredded money blanks with ones and twenties. Bruce was the only guy I know who was lucky enough to get his hands on chopped one hundred dollar bills. His started out with individual pieces but later he produced a wrap image that he put around the tubes with one hundred dollar bill images. It was a work of art and I still hoard some. lol
I spoke with people at the treasury and at a couple places that sell the shredded money and I was always told... you get what you get, and that they would not pick out anything special for you. I lucked out with 20's and used bruce's method of reproducing the face and then used real parts, but it is very time consuming sorting and arranging to get a good picture collage with chopped pieces. Long shredded pieces are easier but that's still a lot of time to sort and arrange if you want the image to be recognizable or in an order as found on the bill.
Looking forward to seeing some new ones!

RDH79

bruce119

I know I am retired now but it still makes me feel good to see something like this come up. I still visit the site almost every day. I'm just not working these days.

OLLIEwinz

good to hear from you bruce, i think i could deal with paying about $10 per blank and i would take about 3 for a sierra/mesa kit and one for a woodturningz premium fountain pen v2 kit.

JohnU

I know I am retired now but it still makes me feel good to see something like this come up. I still visit the site almost every day. I'm just not working these days.

Good to see you around Bruce! I hope the world is treating you well!

Top Bottom