Wanted Someone making pens for me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

artistica1990

Looking for someone that can make pens from PSI kits that I can resell.
I know I should make them myself... In fact I purchased the late, blanks, kits and anything I need and also created several pens but I have no time to pursue this wonderful hobby, maybe in a few years upon retirement I will... BUT for the time being I would like to begin selling them as I am pretty good in photography and eCommerce, so if anyone would like to join me in this venture let me know.
Thanks
Marco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

Marco, that's an interesting first post. How about telling us a little more about yourself. Your profile says you're a store owner, is it an online store? If so how about a link. Is there a reason you are specifying PSI kits?

Last edited:

artistica1990

Hi there and thank you for your inquiry.
In reply to LouCee and Wolf Creek Knives:
I am a small business owner, nothing to do with pens but with imported Italian ceramics (www.artistica.com). I discovered the world of handmade pens a few years ago and being quite handy I purchase the whole equipment, late, kits, blanks etc but as stated in my post, I never found the time to dedicate myself to this wonderful hobby...
But I LOVE these products so being a good marketer, decent photographer and webmaster I want to explore the possibility of joining forces with a pen maker (busy in making pens...) so that I can sell his pens and possibly once I will retired in about 10 years I can sell my own as well... :)

Why PSI Kits? Because they have the best assortment, unique designs and catalog, web images presentation.

I am not looking the get rich on this but just to have some fun and a little of profit if possible. I love these pens and although I see several great woodwork artists selling them on line on Etsy, eBay etc, I did not see anyone offering these product in a professional way; I would like to do that because these are piece of art and should be presented accordingly.

Marco

jttheclockman

Hello Marco and welcome to the site and yes that is an interesting opener.

Have to ask and sure others would like to know. What sort of platform are you looking to set up?? Are you going to be featuring the pen artist or pen artists and giving them recognition or are you going to claim these as your product?? Are you looking to set up a wholesale type deal or are you looking to sell custom featured items and be the middle man here. PSI sells many styles of pens but are not top of the line components. They sell more gadget style kits. Who will be responsible for defects and or replacements??? Will you have a system where orders can be placed for custom work such as engraving, custom colors and woods or other materials or will it be a site here they are and buy what you see??

Just some of the details that need to be discussed before anyone gets involved. Sounds interesting.:):)

thewishman

I think it's a great idea. Lots of turners are good at turning, but bad at marketing. You'll probably get some great responses by private message, if not here in the thread.

I'm interested.

artistica1990

JT, I have already post some details in my previous post but here some direct answers to your questions:

- Platform: Is going to be a Shopify eCommerce web site (I have made already several sites in my own business, not related to pens).

- Featuring the pen artist? Great Idea! Yes certainly, I am not interested in taking credit for someone else work.
Actually I would love to eventually create a sort of Marketplace where any "vetted" artist can offer its special products and the marketplace owner (me) will just get a commission on the sales... All details to be evaluated in time...

- Wholesale? At this time all I want to do is to purchase these pens at a reasonable price that will leave a reasonable profit room for my marketing and promotion efforts.

- I like the PSI components especially the one you call gadget style kits and in this initial phase I am not interested in the economic "slim line" type of pens and neither in very, very high end pens.

- I will be responsible for ANY customer service issue. All I need from the pen maker is a quality product that will look just like in the photographed web picture and delivered within the agreed time frame, all the rest is my concern.

- No custom/engraved product at this time.

- Woods or other material will be limited to the type offered in the images of PSI as I believe that their pictured samples are well though and enough to offer at this time, but at the same time I will not refuse ANY special request from knowledgeable clients.

Thank you for asking...
Marco

Hello Marco and welcome to the site and yes that is an interesting opener.

Have to ask and sure others would like to know. What sort of platform are you looking to set up?? Are you going to be featuring the pen artist or pen artists and giving them recognition or are you going to claim these as your product?? Are you looking to set up a wholesale type deal or are you looking to sell custom featured items and be the middle man here. PSI sells many styles of pens but are not top of the line components. They sell more gadget style kits. Who will be responsible for defects and or replacements??? Will you have a system where orders can be placed for custom work such as engraving, custom colors and woods or other materials or will it be a site here they are and buy what you see??

Just some of the details that need to be discussed before anyone gets involved. Sounds interesting.:):)

TonyL

Hello Marco!

If I was interested and you paid me, I wouldn't care how you sell the pens. And you can say DeVinci made it and the Pope wrote his Christmas cards with it :) Welcome by the way; on the surface this is a very nice offer. I am looking forward to visiting your website. I am of Italian heritage.

As others mentioned, you are likely to get made expressions of interest via PM. Much success with your venture!

artistica1990

Tony: Thank you for your opinion which is appreciated but as you may guess there are other pen turning artists that like to be recognized and I am willing to accommodate every one.
P.S. I will ask the Pope though should be interested in the Hope Faith Love pen from PSI... :)
Stay tuned!
Ciao Paesano!

Hello Marco!

If I was interested and you paid me, I wouldn't care how you sell the pens. And you can say DeVinci made it and the Pope wrote his Christmas cards with it :) Welcome by the way; on the surface this is a very nice offer. I am looking forward to visiting your website. I am of Italian heritage.

As others mentioned, you are likely to get made expressions of interest via PM. Much success with your venture!

WriteON

Why PSI Kits? Because they have the best assortment, unique designs and catalog, web images presentation.

I am not looking the get rich on this but just to have some fun and a little of profit if possible. I love these pens and although I see several great woodwork artists selling them on line on Etsy, eBay etc, I did not see anyone offering these product in a professional way; I would like to do that because these are piece of art and should be presented accordingly.

Marco

Hi and welcome aboard. I enjoy making, gifting, selling PSI kits. They're a lot of fun to work with. As for Etsy I have seen PSI sell for $10 more than the cost of the kit and materials to support it. I would not dare sell anything that cheap...and would not embarrass the industry but some sell it for peanuts. Possible buy a few from Etsy and sell them. You'll get feel for Worth it or Not. If you have a lathe/press maybe someone will finish the Body for you.... you can assemble the kits. I'm in no way trying to discourage you...but there's not enough return buying finished pens and re-selling. Maybe join a local club and see what kind of connections you can make. Maybe someone will work consignment with you. Regardless Good Luck!!

WriteON

Attachments

• 91296C91-C50B-4E83-9C6C-3A3450437346.jpg
    91296C91-C50B-4E83-9C6C-3A3450437346.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

artistica1990

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I have selected someone that will make the pens for me therefore please no longer inquire about this.
Thank you for your assistance and support.
Marco

WriteON

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I have selected someone that will make the pens for me therefore please no longer inquire about this.
Thank you for your assistance and support.
Marco

Good luck with this. I hope it works and great and everyone is happy.

Top Bottom