shop clean up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

I have one large box of figured maple cut offs, all highly figured big leaf maple from guitar blanks mostly thin stuff like 1/2 perfect for inlay, scroll sawing, displays, little boxes etc. Pay the shipping and it is yours, I think a large flat rate is like $19 bucks now. If it is not against the rules Don has first dibs since he wanted one last time and he was next in line.

I have one medium flat rate box full of spalted maple burl mostly 2 x 2 x 5+ inches so you could turn lots of stuff or resaw into blanks. The pictures are not great but this is real nice stuff with burl eyes, color changes, and black line spalting. This stuff will need to be stabilized but will soak up the resin and get really hard. $25 shipped.

A miscellaneous assortment of pen blanks, some jumbo brown mallee with a crack but stable and covered in eyes some blanks have over 100 burl eyes, one curly hortise burl. Some box elder burl that has some defects but could be dyed and stabilized. $25 bucks shipped.

Willing to trade a custom made hunting knife by Don Norton, handle is California buckeye burl for??????

Attachments

• figured maple 1.jpg
    figured maple 1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 187
  • spalted maple total.jpg
    spalted maple total.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 175
  • brown mallee small.jpg
    brown mallee small.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 187
  • don norton small.jpg
    don norton small.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 153
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ottotroll

Not really sure about Don Norton, but I have a New Titanium Crypto by Steve Atwood I could part with for it... And anothernew Atwood tool, but I cannot remember the name)

Last edited:

isaacrapelje

Yep they are available, I private messaged don a couple of days ago and have not heard back so if you want them they are yours. I will send you a pm.

The Penguin

I've got one of those (pecan also) - about the size of a beach ball...over 20" in diameter, and almost perfectly hemispherical.

not sure yet if it's truly a burl, or just a healed over limb scar. from the inside of the tree, I can tell there's a small hollow cavity, so it may be a scar.

Top Bottom