sea foam green pen blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeinSC

I make a sea foam green blank and have several already made.
I'll get a picture for you.

MikeinSC

This is an example of the sea foam blanks I have.

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 228

jttheclockman

Wow there is 2 good choices right off the bat. I would get both and let the customer choose. Amazing it is like the Bat signal goes on and bamm there they are. Great job guys.

endacoz

This is an example of the sea foam blanks I have.

Mike, thank for posting your photo, I bought some of your blanks about a month or 2 ago and really like them. The Red sparkle color is just beautiful. I did find them to be very brittle, dropped one on the floor in my shop, cement, and it broke in 3 pieces. You pour them in simlar right?

Thanks again for wanting to help me find this sea foam green!

H2O

I got some Green PVC that's real close to that color.

View attachment 143929

She likes the color you have Bruce! Where can i purchase these? Probably should get 2 in case i screw up, I have never turned PVC. Anything I need to know?

PVC is soft and can scratch easily. Just sliding in/out of a purse pocket will mark and dull it. Also, it has no shimmer to it; it's just a solid color and in my experience, women like shiny and sparkly.
I would opt for the cast blanks, they have more appeal and would look great segmented with some black.
JMO.

MikeinSC

Endacoz,
I will PM you as you've had some issues with my blanks. It should not have broken so easily. I will send you new blanks.

Last edited:

Skie_M

Have you thought about perhaps trying to use alternative materials, like soapstone?

This is an example that I linked, available through SculptureHouse for 14 dollars plus shipping and handling, and should be enough for at least 6 - 10 blanks.

Note that the stones are sold by weight and are cut by hand, their shapes and relative sizes can vary a good bit.

Soapstone is one of the softer stones that can be lathe turned ... generally softer than alabaster and can polish to a similar brilliant shine. It can be worked using standard woodworking tools, though files and sandpaper are all you generally need. You will want to use dust collection (or a jerry rigged vacumn cleaner like me) and a dust mask.

Attachments

• lemon_green_soapstone.jpg
    lemon_green_soapstone.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 131

efrulla

I was casting my first blank for a tap handle out of Alumilite White. The end result was supposed to be green but I did not get enough die into it. The color is very close to what you are looking for. It has no value to me and I will ship it to you at no charge if you want. PM me the address.

endacoz

side by side comparison

Side by side, Mikes simlar41 and the PVC sea foam green. I saw the final products to the customer and she decided to go with the PVC. I personally like the shine and less static clinginess of the Simlar.

Attachments

• 1455647730758-35.jpg
    1455647730758-35.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 2016-02-16%2013.12.44.jpg
    2016-02-16%2013.12.44.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 143
Top Bottom