001.jpg
MAIL MAN'S LATE
GOT A FEW MORE IN
17 PACKAGES TOTAL
002.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I will take a box if any are left please. I do have a pay pal account. Simply send me your details via pm and I will tale care of it today. Thank you. If I need to pay more than $10 to take care of the PP fees, just let me know. Happy to do it. Thanks again for your generous offer!

Finatic

Bruce, Any left I would like a box. Color does not matter unless you have plenty of each. Thanks
Russ

in preference order, purple, blue, green if you have enough.

Last edited:

mokol

blue and green

Bruce, i will take 1 each of blue and green ,thanks, Victor

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'll take a box of blue if you still have some.

Just got my box of purple yesterday - many thanks.

Edgar

bruce119

have you got my money yet just checking on it

Mail man just dropped it off. They will go out tomorrow I will PM you the tracking when I print the label....

I'll take a box of blue if you still have some.

Just got my box of purple yesterday - many thanks.

Edgar

YEP STILL GOT BLUE
That leaves 3 boxes Blue

Last edited:

TonyL

I received mine today. Thank you for the quick turnaround.

I am a beginner (20 pens over less than 3 weeks); is there a "trick" to finding the center, drilling, and turning these turning - especially removing the corners. I have a Jet 12-21 and Easy Wood Tools. Thanks for reading and any advice.

bruce119

I received mine today. Thank you for the quick turnaround.

I am a beginner (20 pens over less than 3 weeks); is there a "trick" to finding the center, drilling, and turning these turning - especially removing the corners. I have a Jet 12-21 and Easy Wood Tools. Thanks for reading and any advice.

Tony, they are fairly soft, softer then acrylics, you'll find them fairly easy to work with, easier then acrylics but harder then woods....
I know that's probably not much help for a beginner that has no experience with acrylics...I will try to give some tips...

Finding center should be easy, there almost square you should be able to chuck it up in a chuck or put them in your pen blank vise like any other blank...you could always trim them on a saw or sand them on bench sander to square...

Turning...knocking off the edges there are a few ways to approach this, First I would advise starting with a full blank that way you have plenty to practice with, approach it slowly with a gouge have the lathe going as fast as you dare, a skew for a beginner is tricky, I use a skew but not in the traditional sense, I use it like like a scraper straight on, slow easy cuts, you got to get the feel for it...Good sharp tools they will be real easy on the tools... Try and avoid a catch since there soft they wont shatter like acrylics or wood they would probably dig in so don't get aggressive..

Finishing is straight forward sand through the numbers wet sand to fine finish then polish with a plastic polish like Novus 2...

Don't know what else to say there easier then acrylics but more difficult then wood...makes them a good medium to practice with before going into acrylics...

Hope I helped

TonyL

Thank you. You answered all of my questions. Of the 20 pens I made, 18 were acrylic. Thank you again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom