Powermatic 4224 like new

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Have a Powermatic 4224 Lathe like new, only used a couple times. Health issues have forced me to start downsizing and this is just more than I will be able to handle soon. Unfortunately I will be unable to ship this so local pickup is a must. Will let this go for $3.500, I did pay $4,800 for it and it is in new condition.

Attachments

• New Bowl 002.jpg
    New Bowl 002.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 357
  • New Bowl 005.jpg
    New Bowl 005.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 261
  • New Bowl 006.jpg
    New Bowl 006.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 275
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Will you deliver to SLC,UTAH?:biggrin: I would love to see your shop it looks awesome.
I wish I could deliver, but you are welcome to take a road trip, I know you would enjoy my shop if you like tools, I have an extensive collection most of which I will be parting with at some time. Come on over for a visit anytime. V/R Robbie

Jim Campbell

Does it break down? Legs, bed, headstock, etc. If I can get it in a Volvo XC90 (mid size SUV) I may be interested in driving up from the bay area.

Are there any accessories which come with the lathe?

I'd need to overnight in there or in Reno. That and gas would drive my price back in the $3500-$3800 range, but it's a nice lathe.

alankulwicki7

Jim,
This lathe should break down into 4 major components. The headstock, bed and two legs. You'll also have the tailstock and a few other misc parts. The headstock and bed are the two heaviest components (likely 200lbs or more each). I bought a PM3520 a few years ago and was able to get all but the headstock and bed into my basement by myself. A friend and I used a dolly to move the large pieces into the basement and he helped with final assembly.

I love my PM. It's a great lathe and if you pull the trigger on this I think you will be very pleased!

If this lathe was within 800 miles of me, I would sell my PM3520 and JUMP on this deal!

robersonjr

Does it break down? Legs, bed, headstock, etc. If I can get it in a Volvo XC90 (mid size SUV) I may be interested in driving up from the bay area.

I'd need to overnight in there or in Reno. That and gas would drive my price back in the $3500-$3800 range, but it's a nice lathe.
Jim I'm sure we could break it down to fit, but be aware it is a very heavy machine. As for overnight, I have two spare rooms, my wife and I would enjoy an overnight guest and my wife is the worlds best cook, please let us know. V/R Robbie

robersonjr

Thanks to Jim, this lathe is sold, I hope he enjoys it and gets a tremendous amount of pleasure using it. Jim, make Linda something special. V/R Robbie

Lucky2

price

Jim, it still would have been one heck of a deal, with these extra expenses included.
Len

Last edited:

Jim Campbell

Thanks everyone for the help and guidance. I like the IAP site, and have enjoyed the membership in the Nor Cal club, for precisely this reason. The folks who are a part of IAP are amongst the best.

I cannot wait to get the lathe back to the garage and get it set up.

The trailer is rented and we're ready to go. I'll be giving Robbie a call to let him know we'll be dropping by Monday morning. Just wish me luck with the brakes on the car as we're coming back down the grade out of Truckee.

jsolie

I hope you take some pics and share them. If I was in a position to make such an investment in hardware, I would have considered a road trip.

Top Bottom