Pine cone blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

Does anyone know where I could acquire some cast pine cone blanks? I would prefer something more translucent that really showcases the pine cone. Pine cones from the Northeast are a real plus! Thanks, all! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

I can help you out with some mini pine cone blanks but I'm leaving for Pittsburg in the morning and won't be back till late Sunday.
Here are some examples of the ones I make:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/silver-mini-pine-cones-trivalent-chrome-arrow-131771/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/recent-hemlock-pine-cone-casts-131479/

Wow, Mark, those are beautiful! What are the cost? Is there a minimum order? Do you pour custom colors? I won't know exactly what my customer wants until tomorrow anyway, so right now I'm just trying to get a feel for what's available.

MarkD

I can help you out with some mini pine cone blanks but I'm leaving for Pittsburg in the morning and won't be back till late Sunday.
Here are some examples of the ones I make:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/silver-mini-pine-cones-trivalent-chrome-arrow-131771/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/recent-hemlock-pine-cone-casts-131479/

Wow, Mark, those are beautiful! What are the cost? Is there a minimum order? Do you pour custom colors? I won't know exactly what my customer wants until tomorrow anyway, so right now I'm just trying to get a feel for what's available.

PM sent

robertkulp

I've just finished a dozen mini-pine cone blanks, but most have already been sold. I'll be starting another batch and would be glad to pour whatever color(s) you might want. While they look great with single colors, they look even better with a two-color pour.

I make mine with PR and they turn very easily and are almost completely void-free. While the pic shows an opaque green, it can be as translucent as you want.

Let me know if you want further info or are interested. - Thanks

Attachments

• Green mini pinecones.jpg
    Green mini pinecones.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 105

pianomanpj

Thank you, Robert! Beautiful work! I'm just looking for information at the moment but I will sure let you know. :)
I've just finished a dozen mini-pine cone blanks, but most have already been sold. I'll be starting another batch and would be glad to pour whatever color(s) you might want. While they look great with single colors, they look even better with a two-color pour.

I make mine with PR and they turn very easily and are almost completely void-free. While the pic shows an opaque green, it can be as translucent as you want.

Let me know if you want further info or are interested. - Thanks

mecompco

Hi Roger. Getting ready to try my first casts and pine cones (mini Hemlock cones I picked up off the lawn, actually) are going to be the first project. Will probably be a week before I get my molds made. If they come out half-way decent, will be glad to get one to you--heck, I'm only half an hour away up here in Fairfield.

Regards,
Michael

pianomanpj

Hi, Michael! I would love to see them once they're done. :biggrin:

Hi Roger. Getting ready to try my first casts and pine cones (mini Hemlock cones I picked up off the lawn, actually) are going to be the first project. Will probably be a week before I get my molds made. If they come out half-way decent, will be glad to get one to you--heck, I'm only half an hour away up here in Fairfield.

Regards,
Michael

mecompco

Just pulled the trigger on the mold-making stuff, hope to have them made by the end of the week. Don't have dye or anything yet, so they will be clear. Will shoot you a pic when they're done. I kinda like the "Made in Maine" idea of using local materials. :)

Top Bottom