Perl-ex, Mica, Casting pigments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Califo

Hi everyone, I am new to turning and want to start casting with Resin and was wondering if any of you have any paints/pigments such as pearl-ex or Mica you may want to get rid of. Maybe it's a color you don't realy care of maybe leftover you want to get rid of. I just don't want to buy a wholle set when I don't knwo what I am doing yet. Let me know if you have any and we can discuss payment. Certainly I don't want free stuff, unless you want to give away:biggrin:

Thanks everyone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edward Cypher

Shame you just missed Coastal Scents 50 percent off sale. It usually only happens twice a year. Once in December and then again in the Spring. Great deal and the way to do it on the cheap.

alankulwicki7

You can also get the pigments at Michael's and use their 50% off coupon. It's a great way to get an assortment of colors and see if you actually like casting before buying the bigger jars at Coastal Scents....

FYI: I think I paid about $15 for an assortment of colors at Michael's....

Last edited:

Califo

You can also get the pigments at Michael's and use their 50% off coupon. It's a great way to get an assortment of colors and see if you actually like casting before buying the bigger jars at Coastal Scents....

what brand of pigment you use from Michaels? I bought a couple of acrylics from AC Moore but they don't mix well.

Turned Around

What section of the store did you find those in?

alankulwicki7

What section of the store did you find those in?

what brand of pigment you use from Michaels? I bought a couple of acrylics from AC Moore but they don't mix well.

Don't recall the section but here's a link to the PearlEx powders I bought at Michael's. I want to say it was by the art supplies but I could be wrong....
http://www.michaels.com/search?q=pearl ex

Last edited:

turncrazy43

Try Woodnwhimsies fro your pearl ex. They are inexpensive compared to the others and you can by small amounts to try some of the colors. They also have the best price on the resin that I have seen.

pesto126

Yes.. Pearlx at Michaels is sold in 2 kits - Kit#1 and Kit#2 - they are located in the scrapbooking section of the store.

Top Bottom