Pen Turner Wanted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have done some work for John, Not pen or blank turning, but I have had no problems with payment or anything else.

Acrylics

I don't work with Acrylics 'Yet' I am trying to keep my costs down using mostly wood on hand, or specific wood for special projects, I am really just getting started in selling.

Hopefully you can find someone here that works in Acrylic that can help you, I think I understand more now, you just need someone to 'build' a pen with the material you have.

Good Luck and Keep Your Chin Up, there are a lot of turners here, and quite a few work with Acrylic.

jttheclockman

When you post once or twice in 3+ years it is very hard to take you serious. I would take this post with a grain of salt. He has asked before and if Mike has done work for him then there is your man. :)

thewishman

When you post once or twice in 3+ years it is very hard to take you serious. I would take this post with a grain of salt. He has asked before and if Mike has done work for him then there is your man. :)

John, please don't pollute threads with comments like these! They make some members afraid post. If you have concerns about something, use the yellow triangle to report it to a moderator.

There are obviously members interested in working with this legitimate member. This member even has an endorsement from Mike Redburn.

Jgrden

John, please don't pollute threads with comments like these! They make some members afraid post. If you have concerns about something, use the yellow triangle to report it to a moderator.

There are obviously members interested in working with this legitimate member. This member even has an endorsement from Mike Redburn.

After ALL, HE COULD BE A 'LURKER' Who learns from us. My point, heck I don't know, just wanted to join the foray.

Lucky2

People wouldn't be so suspicious of this posing, if the OP would supply a few details. When looking for a person to do what he is asking, it's only normal to supply details of what they want. Another thing that would help, is if the OP would reply to the current postings rather then sending a PM. The way it is now there's been lots of people who have replied, but, no one knows if he has found who he is looking for.
Len

TonyL

General question: Doesn't the OP have the right to choose how he/she wants to conduct business, and therefore, accept the consequences of how his/her choices?

Same goes for those expressing an interest in providing their services - they choose how they want to be engaged, how much risk they are wiling to assume, frequency and modes of communication, compensation terms, etc.

I don't see anyone having the upper hand.

jttheclockman

Well here is what I see. When someone does this the first thing I do is check their history. I looked back at his and he made 22 posts in 3+ years and many have been asking to make a pen. Has he gotten those pens made who knows because there is no follow up. Some people prefer to do business with PM and that is fine but a thank you all, I have someone would not be asking too much would it.?? Maybe the OP is shy or has a disability. I understand. I also understand that there have been instances here where things went south. Maybe if someone has taken on the task to at least mention it here and then others do not volunteer.

Make your own judgement but do not chastise me for my posting and others said worse. I know there is a witch hunt for me here and there is a club of haters. Fine I can deal with it. Life is way too short. Good luck to the OP and to those that take on the task. I hope all works out well.

Top Bottom