Pen Blanks for a novice turner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phsv

I am new to pen turning and looking to get a variety of pen blanks for this holiday season for both gift giving and hopefully also be able to sell some.

I currently have a handful of mango, cocobolo and Jack Daniels blanks. As I mentioned in a message to another member, I have not had a chance to work with burl blanks and my current experience has been limited to lower priced blanks but would like to try out new woods and more exotic blanks.

Please send me a PM of the items w/ the prices that you can send my way.

Your offerings and time is greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phsv

Addtion

Forgot to include that I'm looking for blanks for the following items: pens, wine stoppers and Christmas ornaments.

Thanks.

robutacion

I am new to pen turning and looking to get a variety of pen blanks for this holiday season for both gift giving and hopefully also be able to sell some.

I currently have a handful of mango, cocobolo and Jack Daniels blanks. As I mentioned in a message to another member, I have not had a chance to work with burl blanks and my current experience has been limited to lower priced blanks but would like to try out new woods and more exotic blanks.

Please send me a PM of the items w/ the prices that you can send my way.

Your offerings and time is greatly appreciated.

G'day Pedro from South Australia...!

Just tell me one thing Pedro, are you asking for free blanks, or are you asking for some information to where/whom you can purchase the blanks types you described, at economical prices...???

Because, if you are planning on gifting and sell them, you aren't going to get many if any takers on the send free blanks, particularly, burl blanks, as you seem to be looking for...!

Don't take me wrong mate, you are new here and your thread is not clear enough, to your real intentions so, if you could explain it all, a little better, you may get better results, I for one, don't mind to help out, if I'm satisfied with the reasons behind it all...!

Sorry, I got me a little confused...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

phsv

Sorry for my previous long post and somewhat confusing. I am looking to purchase exotic blanks from members that are selling in this forum. My goal is to work with new types of wood and eventually be comfortable enough to gift and sell these types of items in the future.

the way I came about posting this is that I had previously asked for recommended eBay vendors, but it was recommended to ask around here first to see what other members have to offer.

Hope that clarifies some things up.

phsv

Thanks for the link. I realized that there was a lot of things already listed here before I asked :)

Greatly apprecaited.

loydstuts

Forgot to include that I'm looking for blanks for the following items: pens, wine stoppers and Christmas ornaments.

Thanks.

I recently made some ornaments using the PSI kits. I used some scrap 2x2 plane I had laying around, and they came out nice. I can send you some cut blanks and some cherry pen blanks for postage. PM me if interested. Be blessed!

Top Bottom