Pen assembly jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I'm not really sure what you are looking for. If it is a pen press for assembling pens, there are loads of solutions for that. I used to use one that was purpose built, but the crank handle was so small, that it required a tremendous amount of effort to press fit a pen. I switched over to a Zyliss vise with jaw protectors to assemble my pens. It provides plenty of torque which makes assembly very easy. Here's an example of what I am referring to listed in Ebay Canada. ZYLISS SWISS MADE BENCH VISE CLAMP

Just a thought...

dogcatcher

Google "horizontal toggle clamp for a pen press", then look at the images. Lots of plans Online and more ideas that you can think of. The toggle clamp will set you back about $20, the rest can be made with scrap lumber.

Silver

This is what I use,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealant-Gu...03345831&sr=8-3&keywords=standard+sealant+gun

Simply remove the ring by drilling out the rivets on the end.

Replace the ring with a piece of stock 1" timber to suit the width of the arms.

Turn a wood stock timber ring for the disk and then you are good to go.. simple.

When I get back home I will post mine in tools and jigs..

Cost me around £6, less than $5.

Last edited:

Cuetips

I'm not really sure what you are looking for. If it is a pen press for assembling pens, there are loads of solutions for that. I used to use one that was purpose built, but the crank handle was so small, that it required a tremendous amount of effort to press fit a pen. I switched over to a Zyliss vise with jaw protectors to assemble my pens. It provides plenty of torque which makes assembly very easy. Here's an example of what I am referring to listed in Ebay Canada. ZYLISS SWISS MADE BENCH VISE CLAMP

Just a thought...

I bought this Zyliss system 35 yrs ago, the tightening mechanism. Broke after 5 years, couldn't get the company to honour their warranty, trashed it about 10 yrs ago, paid like $250 back in the day

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom