OneWay 1224 Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
For any who read this advert....I am very judicious with respect to the clean-up of my ads.....If the ad is still appearing the item is still available!

This sale may be of interest to Canadian turners!

My health is such that any future turning by myself isn't going to happen.

So it's up for sale, wired for 220V.

Asking firm $2200, (cash preferred) includes any and all wood dust from pen turning. No other extras included!

Serious inquiries only please!

Just as a caution, this lathe is in my basement workshop, so it's your responsibility to get it from there with no assistance from me.

PM's to reach me.

Oneway 1224 Lathe.jpg

This is it's picture the day it was installed. It looks somewhat different today covered in pen turnings!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

Mack, I sure wish you lived closer to me. That is an amazing machine that I have wanted for a number of years.

Jim Smith

Charlie_W

Mack, sorry to hear of your health issues. I wish you well.
As for the lathe, that is a sweet lathe and would be at home in my shop.
Just a tad far to drive.

Lucky2

Mack, how far is it from Ottawa to Brooklin? The reason for asking is, I could make he trip up to your place and visit my daughter on the way there, I'm in N.B. I've been considering purchasing one of these lathes, or a Jet 16x42EVS. Yes I know there is quite a difference between these two lathes, but, these two are the ones I'm interested in. When you state that there are no extras, does that mean that you will be keeping the face plate and any other tools that normally come with the lathe? Or, will you be selling them separately?
Len

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Mack, how far is it from Ottawa to Brooklin? The reason for asking is, I could make he trip up to your place and visit my daughter on the way there, I'm in N.B. I've been considering purchasing one of these lathes, or a Jet 16x42EVS. Yes I know there is quite a difference between these two lathes, but, these two are the ones I'm interested in. When you state that there are no extras, does that mean that you will be keeping the face plate and any other tools that normally come with the lathe? Or, will you be selling them separately?
Len

Hello Len, PM sent!
M.

Curly

Mack is asking the equivalent of $1500US. Craft Supplies USA has them for $2500US plus whatever taxes/shipping might be applied. A bargain even if you count in your gas to go get it. :wink:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
What do these sell for new?
Hello John;

Pete has pretty much answered your question. I'm not certain if you are looking for confirmation of the price from me or not!

Just for add'nl info: this lathe was built in Jan. 2012. It probably has less than 25 hrs. total on it!

PMisiaszek

Florida vacation?

I'm told it gets cold and snowy in Canada. Drive this lathe down to Venice, Florida in November and enjoy the sun and beach. Go home to Canada with a tan and make your friends envious. And, help out Mack. I'll pay you $500 and your expenses to make the trip.

jaywood1207

I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with Mack today and checked out the lathe while I was there. If I didn't already have a Oneway 1224 I would be buying this. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference between Mack's lathe and a brand new one.

I don't know if Mack realized it or if it was habit but while we were standing there talking he was constantly brushing little bits of dust off it. I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks down each night and tucks it in for the night. :biggrin:

In all seriousness this is an excellent deal that will not come along very often.

Top Bottom