Newby Looking for kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
hello all, new here and new turner looking for some kits to practice... anyone has some for sale cheap? :)

looking for variety, just have 7mm bushing for the moment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wfsteadman

I started with some Slimlines and Cigar Pens from Woodturningz and now I am about to move on and try some executives. Many folks start out turning slimlines and cigar pens. I like the Cigar pens better out of the two but that is personal preference. Each kit may require its own bushings so when you buy a kit from a vendor, it is wise to buy the bushings with the first batch. Since you have the 7mm bushings, slimlines would work with those. When you buy in bulk the price goes down also.

Skie_M

Check out the Funline series of pens from PSI ... they are a cheaper version of their Slimline, and would be a great resource for you to practice with as you get more comfortable using your lathe and tools and finish of choice.

My typical cost for a Funline pen is under 2 dollars ... INCLUDING THE BLANK, which is generally maple, walnut, or mesquite .... (mesquite is cheapest, as I get that for free, the others I buy as boards in bulk and cut the blanks myself).

alankulwicki7

Eduardo,

I likely have some kits in my shop that I'm no longer going to use. I'll check this morning to see if I can find the bushings for them and if I do, I have a proposal for you:

I'll mail you a package that includes a few kits, the bushings and some pen blanks. In return, you mail me back one of the completed pens.

Sound like a deal?

magpens

I am about to move on and try some executives.

For Executive pens you need sharp tools and good techniques because the blank material gets very thin at the nib end ... thinner than any other kit I have used including slimlines.

Eduardo,

I likely have some kits in my shop that I'm no longer going to use. I'll check this morning to see if I can find the bushings for them and if I do, I have a proposal for you:

I'll mail you a package that includes a few kits, the bushings and some pen blanks. In return, you mail me back one of the completed pens.

Sound like a deal?

Its a deal!

Top Bottom