New Jet or similar 1015VS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:
nI am looking for a spare lathe. I was hoping to find one at less that the 15% off promotion.

Not in any rush..this will be my third.

It has to Jet or better, and VS. Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jack Parker

Thank you Dale. It has to be VS. I would also love reverse. Thanks though.

Tony, I just received the new Woodcraft catalog in the mail yesterday. They have the Rikon 70-220VS on sale for $549, I believe. I don't have one of them, but it faired pretty well in the last Wood Magazine mini-lathe shoot out. Not a Jet, but...

Last edited:

Old Codger

Tony...I know you have the same primary lathe as I do, the Jet 1221VS, and I know you love it too... If you're looking at another smaller lathe, I would suggest that you look for a Rikon 1220VS that they produced just before the new one they brought out a year or so ago. I have one and love it! The only reason I upgraded to the Jet1221VS was because of the larger, more sturdy bedways, otherwise it's very similar to the Jet. You should be able to pick a used one up for a decent price and I'm sure you'll be as pleased as I am for a smaller, VS lathe with a great customer service, parts availability and well built. I'd offer mine Rikon for sale to you, but you're too far away, plus I really don't want to sell it.. Check out a used Rikon VS 1220 and you even might pick up one still under the mfg warrenty of 5 Years!!! Safe turning to you always!

TonyL

I may pick one up tomorrow. I don't need one, but want to treat myself to something smaller. I would love it new for under 450!

TonyL

I didn't realize that the Rikon was larger than my 1221. I bought a Jet 1015vs for 15% off. I really wanted something smaller than the 1221. Thank you for the feedback.

TonyL

No one that I know of. The store remembered that I had called about that model when on vacation two weeks ago during some sales event. I buy many tools from them and they host my wood workers meeting. I think it was just the owner's courtesy.

Top Bottom