MT1 to MT2 Adapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

My lathe takes MT1 - it's a late 80's/early 90's Craftsman. I received a PSI 3-wheel buffing setup as an early Christmas gift from my parents. The buffing setup is MT2, so I need an adapter so I can use it.

Looking for an adapter to fit in my MT1 headstock that will take a MT2 spindle. Attached is a picture of one I pulled off ebay.

Wondering if anyone has one laying around they'd be willing to sell or if anyone knows a place to get one for a good price.

The only place I've been able to find them so far is ebay, and they're running just about $30 shipped for one and am hoping to find one for less than that, if possible. There was one listed on ebay for a BIN price of about 1/3 of that, but I didn't get to it fast enough...

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 38

monophoto

If I understand correctly, you are looking for an adaptor that will plug into an MT1 spindle that will receive an MT2 taper on the buffing system.

I know there are several suppliers who offer an MT2-to-MT1 adapter - I suspect the market demand for these comes from people who are upgrading from a mini-lathe to a midi, and who don't want to have to replace a load of accessories. I'm pretty sure that both Little Machine Shop and Grizzly both list them in their catalogs.

But I don't know what what drive the market for an MT1-to-MT2 adapter. So if you can find one, you might want to grab it because they are likely to be scarce.

Top Bottom