Mixed resin / Wood boards / finger ring blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I am looking for resin wood combos like in the following picture. The picture is taken from the bangle guy's website. Universal Blank

I have been making rings out of wood but I'm looking for more uniqueness and character in such a small turning . I recently purchased a board from the bangle guy and want more like this but his current inventory is very low and he is out of town at the AA W symposium for over a week.

I take these boards and drill them with a one and a half inch - 1" hole saw to get my ring blanks. I'd like a thickness no smaller than 1/2". my favourite are ones where resin fill holes all over the place like the sample picturebelow, not just half of the board resin and half of the board wood.

so I'm looking for resin wood boards at least one-half inch thick or something that can give me a one and a half inch circle that has resins and wood flowing through it.

Attachments

• tn_DSC05044.JPG
    tn_DSC05044.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 146
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

Does no one else make boards like this? I'm surprised one has responded with help or directions to where else to look. Maybe the bangle guy really does own that market.

Anyone have the willingness to make such.

robutacion

Does no one else make boards like this? I'm surprised one has responded with help or directions to where else to look. Maybe the bangle guy really does own that market.

Anyone have the willingness to make such.

I can make you aboard like that mate, how many circles do you need to cut...???

Same resin colour...???

Cheers
George

endacoz

Hello!

I like having the board so I can pick and choose the spots best for rings. But if you had circles 1.5" 3/4 thick that would be cool too.

I'd be interested in other colors, red, purple, orange, etc. the less transparent the resin is the better.

You have a violet color on your website that looks awesome! I now realize who you are after I checked your website.

You have other wood than the olive root? That has lots of voids?
How bad is shipping to the US from down under?

Thanks for posting a reply George.

Last edited:

endacoz

This is the one I bought from the bangle guy. Jaharra burl. Obviously lots of resin is used with this many voids but it gives me lots of options for getting rings blanks and others with lots of wood and resin everywhere.

Now that I'm looking on your website I'll have to make a worthwhile order from you in addition to some resin cast ring blanks!!! Your stuff looks amazing, never bought from you because just assumed shipping would be too high.

Attachments

• 20150626_132554~2.jpg
    20150626_132554~2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 20150626_132857~2.jpg
    20150626_132857~2.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

robutacion

This is the one I bought from the bangle guy. Jaharra burl. Obviously lots of resin is used with this many voids but it gives me lots of options for getting rings blanks and others with lots of wood and resin everywhere.

Now that I'm looking on your website I'll have to make a worthwhile order from you in addition to some resin cast ring blanks!!! Your stuff looks amazing, never bought from you because just assumed shipping would be too high.

I apologise for only now replying to you but, I did not subscribe to this thread and therefore I never saw it since I posted it, sorry.

I have a few woods/burls that have sufficient cracks/crevasses to create the effect you are after, I can also understand that, you would prefer a flat cast blank so that you can pick the cut places and I don't blame you, I can do both but I'm more than happy to make you some square flat blanks.

What was the blanks thickness you need, in millimeters, please...?

How many boards/blanks, each one cast with a different colour, you would be happy with at this time...??? colour preferences..???

I will make sure I subscribe to the thread so that I don't miss any posts...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom