Looking for someone who can cast anything

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
So I have this 30+ year old Splitleaf Philodendron bush that needed a severe pruning & cutback this spring. I got two nice stalks that look like they might be candidates for casting or stablizing, but I don't do either one. I thought this might be a good challenge for an experienced caster who is looking for some new and unusual material.

I would be willing to ship these to you & if you are able to make something useful out of them, I'd like to get a few blanks back - maybe 5-10% of the yield. I'll pay shipping both ways.

The stalk on the left is about 15" long & is still quite green. The one on the right is older & dryer and is about 20" long. Both vary in diameter up to 4". If you want to propagate one for yourself, you could cut off the top 2" or so of the green stem & plant that. They are quite prolific.

If you are interested, send me a pm with your thoughts on what might be possible.

Edgar

Attachments

• IMG_4848.jpg
    IMG_4848.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 111
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ed,
They are probably very wet inside and full of water. If you want to make a trip up to my place in Pearland, we can see just how wet they are and see if it may be possible to bet a few blanks from them.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That sounds great, Monty. I can stop by on my way to or from work one day.

Ed

Cmiles1985

I'd be very interested in seeing how this endeavor turns out. I was looking at the VERY large Philodendron in my backyard yesterday and wondering what the inside would look like as a pen.

robutacion

So I have this 30+ year old Splitleaf Philodendron bush that needed a severe pruning & cutback this spring. I got two nice stalks that look like they might be candidates for casting or stablizing, but I don't do either one. I thought this might be a good challenge for an experienced caster who is looking for some new and unusual material.

I would be willing to ship these to you & if you are able to make something useful out of them, I'd like to get a few blanks back - maybe 5-10% of the yield. I'll pay shipping both ways.

The stalk on the left is about 15" long & is still quite green. The one on the right is older & dryer and is about 20" long. Both vary in diameter up to 4". If you want to propagate one for yourself, you could cut off the top 2" or so of the green stem & plant that. They are quite prolific.

If you are interested, send me a pm with your thoughts on what might be possible.

Edgar

Well, according to some people here, they reckon I can cast/stabilize "anything" so, if you are prepared to send them to me, I can taken them for a spin in my bike and see what comes out...!

I don't need any extra work but, I never turn my back to a challenge...!

Shipping can be costly, particularly if there is some weight associated with it and in your case, it looks like a couple of kilos or more, all up to you...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom