Like the one in PSI... thanks :)

Just missed out on someone selling one a couple days ago :frown:

Attachments

• del-WANT VICE.jpg
    del-WANT VICE.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 66
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

For $45 on Amazon, the Milescraft is hard to beat. Many people will chime in on using their drill press, the lathe or an arbor press to fit pens together. I used to use a clamp. All of this work, but the tool that's truly built for the job works wonderfully.

P.S. The same Milescraft 4700 is $70 on ePay.

Quality Pen

Thank you Clark! That thing looks sweet! I will sleep on it :)

And for what it's worth, I have tried a couple clamps. I even just bought a nice strong vice... but I thought to myself A) it still isn't that great, and B) wasting money on half measures really is something I will almost certainly regret in the future.

Last edited:

bjbear76

I've been through my share of various pen presses. I read all the reviews on the milescraft and decided to give it a try. Love it! I have it mounted vertically on the side of my cabinet; works great!

Cmiles1985

I've been through my share of various pen presses. I read all the reviews on the milescraft and decided to give it a try. Love it! I have it mounted vertically on the side of my cabinet; works great!

There's my "duh" moment for the day! Mine is tucked carefully behind my second lathe. By this evening, it shall be mounted vertically in reach of my Jet lathe!

Hendu3270

I have one from Woodcraft and have no complaints. It pushes two things together like it's supposed to. Even a clamp is better than what I started out doing a couple of years ago....think hammer, and a block of wood. After 3 cracked blanks, I was headed to Woodcraft on my lunch break!!

socdad

I have used a 24" aluminum bar clamp(from Harbor Freight, about $10) set up on a raised table. I like the screw mechanism, it gives me more control than a lever / piston press.

Last edited:

Quality Pen

I decided to get the Milescraft...

the thing about making my own or using a press (tried that) is that I feel like... eventually I'd thinking, "why didn't I just get a good, solid press earlier?" My costs to DIY or find an alternative, I think, are approaching the cost of the Milescraft!

Cmiles1985

Congrats on the Milescraft. That was the obvious choice for me since it has my name on it. You won't regret not going further on DIY stuff. If I inly had every dollar back that I spent on the thought of "I'm sure I can make something that will work better and cost less than that"!! I've told my wife to just throw whatever it is in the shopping cart and make me stop thinking about it.

Quality Pen

Congrats on the Milescraft. That was the obvious choice for me since it has my name on it. You won't regret not going further on DIY stuff. If I inly had every dollar back that I spent on the thought of "I'm sure I can make something that will work better and cost less than that"!! I've told my wife to just throw whatever it is in the shopping cart and make me stop thinking about it.

Haha, our partnerships seem to be quite similar in this regard :biggrin:

Top Bottom