Wanted Looking for older style Nouveau Sceptre twist ball point tubes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

I'm on the quest for some tubes to fit the older style of David Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre Twist Ball Point pens. I'd like to get at least two sets. The upper tube drill size is .492" and 1 11/16" long. The lower tube drill size is 10mm and 2 3/16" long. These have been out of production for years and don't match any existing pen. The PSI kit numbers were PKDBBP and PKDBBT. So check your junk drawers and let me know what you have. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Pete - What is the ID on the tubes (measure the bushings or components). I've got a bunch of brass tubing laying around in the shop. Maybe something will match. Or, if I have something close I can maybe ream out the ID to match. I just had to do that for an ancient Broadwell kit to replace a tube.

Ed

Curly

Thanks Ed. The second tube converts to a 12.5mm diameter. Why PSI would put a weird decimal size for a metric drill bit in their instructions is beyond me.

10mm hardware part is .365 and the 12.5mm parts are .466. I can buy a pack of 10" tubes in both sizes at William WoodWrite but then I'll have a pile of extra tubes.

Curly

Just looked. I can shorten an upper Jr. Gent tube but the cigar is a bit over .100 too short. I'll keep poking through Marla's tube drawers and see what might do.

Ed McDonnell

Just checked. Don is right about the cap tube from the Junior type kits (I just checked an Atrax tube and it should work for you).

I have a 10" length of 10MM tube that may work for the lower. Actual O.D. is .385" (9.76mm). Actual ID is .36" (9.15mm). Probably a little tight on the ID, but easy enough to open up with some sandpaper or a file on the lathe.

Actually, if you (or a friend) have a metal lathe you could easily make what you need. That's what I end up doing these days.

Let me know if you want the 10mm tube (and or Atrax cap tubes).

Ed

Curly

Thanks Ed. Marla has a pile of Jr. Gent tube sets for casting but no 10mm tubes long enough. I'll see if she wants to get some from WWW with her next order with them or take you up on your generosity.

Ed McDonnell

Another thought. You could leave the blank 0.05" proud on both sides of a cigar tube. That shouldn't cause a problem with most blanks (acrylics good, metal good, wood depends, clay no way). If you think it might be a problem, you could build up the 0.05" overhang with some epoxy to avoid any potential future issues on a really delicate blank.

Just a thought.

Ed

Curly

If going down that sort of route I would cut a tube 1" long and the second 1 3/16" and put both in the blank. That would give the best grip on the parts. I'll ponder that too. You put my mind in a different direction.

Ed McDonnell

Depending on how delicate your blank is, you could use a smaller dia tube in the middle and the cigar tubes on the ends. Requires drilling with two different bits and from both ends, but that should be doable. If you place the tubes right, you can strengthen any possible stress points.

Ed

magpens

Pete,

Let me know if you still need these tubes. I can cut them from stock I have and get them in the mail tomorrow, Mon Oct 01

Last edited:
Top Bottom