Wanted Looking for a 5” tailstock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gr8macbeth

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a 5" tailstock assembly. I have a Jet 1014 that I purchased without a tailstock, intending to use it for making bowls. My daughter is really getting into pen making, and this had lead me to looking for a tailstock, so she can turn pens, and leave my good lathe open for me to use. Does anyone have a talestock from a broken down lathe, or even a connection to a good source, that is cheaper than the $300 Jet is asking? I don't care if it is Jet or not. I have access to a milling machine, and can adjust a tailstock to the correct height. I am happy to trade blanks, or pay cash if you have one. I have honey mesquite burl, and agave bloom, that are both pretty rare and unique.

Curly

You could buy all the parts from Tool Parts Direct and put it together. You won't save much as it would cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $250. You having access to metal working tools could just get a few of the essential bits and make the hand wheel, bed washer etc and save some more. Probably the least costly is to get another bench lathe of some kind off CL etc. If it happened to be another 1014 you'll have some spares and might be able to fit both beds together to make a longer lathe.

Top Bottom