Gift Liquid Diamonds Tube-In Blanks (USPS SFR Box)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dachshund1

Give away – you cover shipping ($7.20 per USPS small flat rate box): I've been trying to learn how to create my own tube-in blanks – the operative words being "trying" and "learning." From my early experience, I've amassed a fair number of blanks which, while not aesthetically perfect (i.e., conspicuous seams), should provide some good practice turning Liquid Diamonds (LD) resin. Moreover, depending on your standards, skill level, etc. - many of these may make decent pens; if nothing else, the tubes are recoverable.

I have three (3) SFR box lots available for the cost of domestic shipping ($7.20); what you see will be split evenly in thirds (enough blanks for ~ 15 pens). Most are one-piece Sierras – with some 2-piece Baron/Sedona and Junior blanks mixed in – all wrapped in various decorative papers (e.g., Chiyogami, etc). These were sealed, cast in Liquid Diamonds @ 20 lbs. psi, and are fully cured. Most have already been squared up and are ready for the lathe. To my knowledge, they are all bubble-free.

Again, these are being offered solely for those (preferably, newer to the hobby) wanting some practice with LD: Please understand: These are beginner-level blanks! First come, first served. PayPal is fine for the shipping.

Attachments

• LDBlanks1.jpg
    LDBlanks1.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 419
  • LDBlanks2.jpg
    LDBlanks2.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 446
  • LDBlanks3.jpg
    LDBlanks3.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 412
  • LDBlanks4.jpg
    LDBlanks4.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

So there isn't any assumptions or confusion, Marla doesn't use Liquid Diamonds for her pen blanks. Hers are all made with Polyester Resin.

Good offer for learning to turn and polish epoxy blanks. Alumilite and PR will behave a little differently.

dachshund1

Sorry, Pete - I meant only to imply that these should be considered the result of an inexperienced hand. I'll remove the reference, if the system will allow me. Terry

Last edited:

magpens

Hi Terry ....

Oh to be a beginner again ! ..... I would have loved to try out turning your blanks but don't qualify.

Maybe, soon, you will be ready to sell some blanks . . Please keep me in mind for that.

Last edited:

Curly

Sorry, Pete - I meant only to imply that these should be considered the result of an inexperienced hand. I'll remove the reference, if the system will allow me. Terry

No sweat. Leave it as written. As I said it is a good offer. I didn't want anyone to assume Marla is using epoxy for her pen blanks and later find they don't behave the same.

She actually wrote an article for the AAW on casting paper blanks. It was printed in last years August issue.

dachshund1

I use Liquitex artists' varnish, but ModgePodge should work equally well. The two products look about the same, actually. You can get either of them at Hobby Lobby, etc.

The bigger issue for me is sealing the ends. I've yet to find a foolproof method for ensuring the resin doesn't permeate under the paper. Dipping the ends in CA works . . . . . sometimes, but not 100%. There's undoubtedly a better solution.

Top Bottom