Lathe Jaw Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StuartCovey

Hey, I'm wondering if any of you guys have a jaw chuck laying around that you want to get rid of. I want to start doing some brush shaving kits and this is one attachment I have been putting off buying for my lathe. I am not sure what size threads it needs to be. Are they typically all the same? Its for my large Harbor Freight lathe. I will pay.
To make sure we're on the right page I attached a picture of what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Attachments

• chuck.jpeg
    chuck.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

kovalcik

You need to know the thread size of your spindle. (should be something like 1" x 8 or 1 1/4" x 8 ). Not sure what the Grizzly is but it should be in your manual. What is the model number?

On a side note, you do not need a chuck to do shavings brushes. A bottle stopper mandrel will work. Not that I am against anyone buying a chuck, they are great to have, but it is overkill for shaving brushes if that is all you want it for.

Last edited:

StuartCovey

You need to know the thread size of your spindle. (should be something like 1" x 8 or 1 1/4" x 8 ). Not sure what the Grizzly is but it should be in your manual. What is the model number?

On a side note, you do not need a chuck to do shavings brushes. A bottle stopper mandrel will work. Not that I am against anyone buying a chuck, they are great to have, but it is overkill for shaving brushes if that is all you want it for.

Yes, I know it's over kill for just the brushes but there are several things I could use it for so I might as well just buy one tool now and save the money.

Also what I was more asking is if any of you guys had a used one that I could buy from you.

Top Bottom