Jet Mini-Lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PMisiaszek

Jet 1014 JML mini-lathe and cabinet, both well-used but fully functional. Lathe includes original equipment and instruction book. Lathe was used for pen-making and is stained from finishing pens on the lathe. Cabinet is presentable and provides a good stand for the lathe, but could use some refastening. Includes a few additional accessories. New lathe delivered yesterday, so this one needs a new home. Located in Venice, FL. $175 with cabinet, $150 lathe only.

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

That is a steal! If I lived closer I'd pick that up in a heart beat. They are selling on CL for $240 plus easily by themselves.

Loucurr

Jet 1014 JML mini-lathe and cabinet, both well-used but fully functional. Lathe includes original equipment and instruction book. Lathe was used for pen-making and is stained from finishing pens on the lathe. Cabinet is presentable and provides a good stand for the lathe, but could use some refastening. Includes a few additional accessories. New lathe delivered yesterday, so this one needs a new home. Located in Venice, FL. $175 with cabinet, $150 lathe only.

I sent you a PM :befuddled:

1dweeb

I have one just like it. There is no comparison between this lathe and the mini midi lathes. The oneway is out of the budget of some turners but if they ever tried it out they would find a way to get one. I have had mine since 2009 and have had zero problems with it. Enjoy your new toy!

1dweeb

IDWEEB, did you modify your 1224 in any way? The least impressive thing about the lathe are the plywood shelves. I'm hoping to come up with a better "cabinet" design.

No, I have not modified the shelves. They seem to hold everything that I have put on them. I keep the 2 foot bed extension on the lowest shelf and it seems to hold up well. The top shelf I usually just put the small accessories that came with the lathe. I have plenty of storage in my shop for most everything else. If you want to make the shelves sturdier it should be easy enough to do. Keep us posted if you do modify it and I will think about it myself. If I come up with something I will let you know.

Top Bottom