Irish Bog Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

There are to aspects to my 'wanted' ad. Some of you know that I ran a group buy last year for Irish bog oak pen blanks. The buy went very well but I haven't been able to contact that seller after several tries.

Ultimately, I'd like to find another supply - not just for myself but to help the rest of us.

In the meantime, I'm just about out of wood myself. Do you have some that you don't need / won't use that you'd like to sell?

Also a more of a long shot, I'd really like to find an Irish bog oak bottle stopper size blank.

All of this must be Irish bog oak - other countries or origin are much easier to find. Darker the better on color.

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Thanks guys. But, as I said, it must be Irish. The other stuff I can find myself from many sources.

To you and me it might not matter as it all looks the same. But to customers like one of mine - Sean O'Brien, it's the difference between wanting it badly and not wanting at all. :)

OKLAHOMAN

What's a nice Jewish fellow like Sean want with Irish woods?:rolleyes::biggrin:
Thanks guys. But, as I said, it must be Irish. The other stuff I can find myself from many sources.

To you and me it might not matter as it all looks the same. But to customers like one of mine - Sean O'Brien, it's the difference between wanting it badly and not wanting at all. :)

PR_Princess

Hey Dan, I have some IBO...if your customer doesn't mind it coming from Ulster! :)

I have about 50 or so pieces that are slimline sized, but also a few pieces that will easily accommodate making larger pens - and stoppers. I also have some IBY (Bog Yew)....and a few other Irish woods as well.

I can send you pics in email if you would like....but not until much later tonight (or possibly not even until tomorrow night).

Dan Masshardt

Hey Dan, I have some IBO...if your customer doesn't mind it coming from Ulster! :) I have about 50 or so pieces that are slimline sized, but also a few pieces that will easily accommodate making larger pens - and stoppers. I also have some IBY (Bog Yew)....and a few other Irish woods as well. I can send you pics in email if you would like....but not until much later tonight (or possibly not even until tomorrow night).

I'll send you a pm. Thanks.

Top Bottom