Hickory Bottle Stopper Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

INSierra

I have a buddy who is wanting bottle stoppers made out of hickory. Either I am blind or there is not a good place to buy blanks for this. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look? Thanks in advance.

Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

It is sometimes used for tool handles so if you can't find any marked as such in a hardware store try this outfit. Ask them if they have some reject or offcuts that they might sell you. The barrow handles are the right size.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have a buddy who is wanting bottle stoppers made out of hickory. Either I am blind or there is not a good place to buy blanks for this. Anyone have any suggestions of where to look? Thanks in advance.

Brian

How many are you looking for?
I recently cut up a hickory log & I think I still have a spindle block left. I can check tomorrow.

Edgar

INSierra

Thanks guys for the quick response! I am waiting to hear from the customer on whether he wants to proceed. I am just making sure I am ready if he does.

Thanks!
Brian

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks guys for the quick response! I am waiting to hear from the customer on whether he wants to proceed. I am just making sure I am ready if he does.

Thanks!
Brian

If he does, go ahead & start with Shawn. He probably has a better selection than I do right now. I only had a couple of small logs so I know that I don't have a lot on hand right now. I can get more, but it will take a while.

monty8867

Brian,
Try Scott Butler at Slabs blanks and boards. I got some from him a while bank and the were beautiful. Great prices and quick service. You will have to call him because he does not have any listed on his website.

Monty

SDB777

I have a large chunk of Pignut Hickory remaining out in the garage. Can get crosscut or straight grained off of it. Stuff is dry and ready to turn....hard as all get out too!

If you need some, let me know....I can cut whatever you'd like. BTW, the stuff is awesome. Monty is right, not listed on website, it's my stash timber....but I have a lot that can go(ask the wife, she'll tell you it needs to go somewhere).

Scott (thanks Monty) B

SDB777

I'd love to hear the other woods you have that are not listed on your website...!!!

If you were only closer:wink:

Butternut, Scyamore, mineral stained American Persimmon, Eastern Red Cedar, spalted Southern Red Oak, and the list goes on.....

Scott (love me some timber) B

Top Bottom