Wanted Great Palace Vine FP Kit Rhodium & Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolandranch

I am looking for a Full-Size Great Palace Vine fountain pen kit with rhodium and gold accents for a client.

Does anybody have one that they would be willing to sell? Or maybe someone knows where I can get one?

I don't even know if this specific plating combo was ever sold by anyone besides the manufacturer, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to would ask.

Thanks,
Seth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allunn

Hi Seth. Check with Ed at exotic blanks. I saw the picture on their website. I bought mine from an IAP member but it was the Rhodium and rhodium. Hope this helps.
Tony

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
w8j6um9p20130905110304.jpgHey Guys,

Do you realize the front section of that pen is two-toned, gold and rhodium.

Picture attached. Dawn and I agree it looks strange, if you disagree, we could order them, but there is a 100 kit minimum--we really don't want to sit on 90 kits after the
"world" starts complaining about that combination.

Your thoughts??

odd plating.jpg

Last edited:

Rolandranch

View attachment 179162Hey Guys,

Picture attached. Dawn and I agree it looks strange, if you disagree, we could order them, but there is a 100 kit minimum--we really don't want to sit on 90 kits after the

Your thoughts??

View attachment 179163
I agree the front section looks a bit odd. I think it would look much better with a rhodium section like most other two-tone FP/RBs. Do you think Dayacom would make it with a rhodium section if you asked them? I'm not asking you to make an order or anything... I'm just curious.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dayacom will do most anything we ask, as long as we are willing to meet their minimums (usually 300 or more) and pay their price (usually higher than anyone else in the industry). But, they do make exceptional pens.

So, our problem is tying up huge amounts of cash for pens that will only sell to the best penmakers, who can SELL a pen at $500, who will buy one or two and want THEIR specific plating (this is NOT meant to demean anyone, it is a statement of fact, by way of explanation).

We will explore some possibilities with Dayacom and see--anyone else have an opinion on the gold with rhodium front section? Yes, no---???

PatriciaMK

View attachment 179162Hey Guys,

Your thoughts??

View attachment 179163
I realize it's been a long time since this request was posted, but I'm also itching to make this pen - I'm content to buy from Gary Pye if needs be though, so don't worry Ed!

One odd thing though is that it seems like the front section is no longer the same etched material, but more of a Baron/Virage style? Any word from anyone on if they've changed that? I really hope they haven't, I love that carved front section!
6082.jpg

Top Bottom