FREE: Rockwell Lathe & Craftsman Radial Arm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

JimGo called me and said his friend was in charge of an estate. They needed someone to clean out a gentleman's wood shop. They sent him a picture of this lathe. Now, this is not a new lathe by any means, but if you know equipment, this is an "oldie and a goodie".

NOW HERES THE CATCH: If you want either the lathe or the Radial Arm, ya gotta USE it. It would be fabulous to restore this old lathe (It still has a pen on it!), and it wouldn't take much. The only rough spots are the legs, and maybe a little surface rust on the bed. You can't take it and sell it, it needs to go to a home where someone will take care of it with respect... respect to the machine, and to Carl Gagliardi, the owner now deceased.

Either are free for the taking... they're in Woodbridge, Va. You will make arrangements through me to retrieve the equipment. The earliest opportunity will be Wednesday or Thursday, and we are at the mercy of the gal handling the estate. There are still some bowl blanks and pen blanks if you're interested as well.

Don't misunderstand, both are in working order. The lathe can be plugged in and used, as well as the radial!!

There is one person already considering the lathe, so first refusal is theirs. The radial saw is still up for grabs. I should know something by Saturday. After that, first serious post here gets it.

Please post here, I will check in Friday and Saturday. I will call you to make arrangements.

ALERT: I will be putting together a few "grab bag boxes" of pen kits and wood. Once I've sorted through the piles, I'll let ya know.

Attachments

• 2016-03-30 18.20.03_resize.jpg
    2016-03-30 18.20.03_resize.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 2016-03-30 20.10.05_resize.jpg
    2016-03-30 20.10.05_resize.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 2016-03-30 20.10.58_resize.jpg
    2016-03-30 20.10.58_resize.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 2016-03-30 20.11.07_resize.jpg
    2016-03-30 20.11.07_resize.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 2016-03-30 18.19.54_resize.jpg
    2016-03-30 18.19.54_resize.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 237
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

UPDATE: I have two folks asking right now, and am waiting for the "coordinator" to call me back. I will ask about access, and whether or not we can get to it over the weekend.

Don't forget, the radial arm is still there too!!

I'll get back to ya when I get anwers!

MDWine

So, the details finally come together.
We're arranging pickup of the lathe on Saturday.

The Radial Arm (Craftsman) is still up for grabs. If no one takes it, I will take it myself and try to find a home for it, I guess...

thanks to all for the inquiries... too bad we don't have one for everybody!

I will probably snag the last of the bowl blanks (complete with bark), and will make those available later. I have a lot to sort through and separate.... I'll keep ya posted.

MDWine

So, here is the wrap-up...

The lathe and the radial arm saw found a home in southern Virginia.
In fact, the lathe was running approximately 4 or 5 hours after leaving Woodbridge (and a 3 hour ride home)!

All tools and equipment has a new home now... Carl will live on with a few of us, and can smile on us from his "heavenly shop" now.

I have gone over the goodies I collected, and it seems there is not as much as I thought. I will possibly have a few blanks, some pen kits, and some pepper grinder kits that I will make available. That will take a while to put together as my photography season is picking up now, so shop time is going to be limited. I will try to do these soon, and will post them (hopefully in the correct forum, huh Jeff? lol)

happy turnin'

Top Bottom