Free iPhone/iPad App

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Some of you know that one of my sidelines is building apps for iPhone & iPad. Well, if you don't already have it, here's a chance for you to get a free copy of my flagship app - iGotCharts + Units & Currency Converter

Simply reply to this thread with an "I want one" or something like that and I will send you a pm with a redemption code so you can download it from the Apple App Store. You don't have to send me a pm unless you just want to. NOTE: If you already have the app, you don't need another redemption code - just download the update in the usual manner.

Here's what's new in the latest release (just up on the App Store today):
* Updates for iOS8, iPhone6 & iPhone6+
* Added links to all of Wayne's new kit & bushing charts in the IAP library
* Added a Solid Angles Category
* Added over 60 new units including Hoppus Foot, Schaub & Golata
* For us geeky types - there is a new Hexadecimal-Decimal-Binary converter with ASCII interpretation & IEEE-754 Floating Point support

Without looking it up on the Internet - what categories (length, area, volume, etc) do you think the Hoppus Foot, Schaub & Golata units fit into & what are their values? Post your guesses in this thread - no prize, just some extra fun.

IMHO, this is the best units converter app out there for any device & the Drill Bit Converter alone makes it worthwhile to switch over to an Apple device if you are using one of the knockoffs (let alone the full & accurate support for the Potrzebie System of Units). :wink:

Here's links to the app at my web site & the Apple App Store:
dohmann.com/iGotCharts
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/igotcharts-+-currency-units/id513419019?ls=1&mt=8

Enjoy
Edgar

SteveG

"I want one" or something like that:biggrin:

I couldn't resist leaving the "or something like that" on there, but I really do want it! :)

UPDATE: I just d/l te app...Thanks for the kind offer. I am sure to have future use for this. Aloha

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
"I want one" or something like that:biggrin:

I couldn't resist leaving the "or something like that" on there, but I really do want it! :)

Steve, you're a hoot! :)

Marc, thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying the app.

Ty, that's high praise indeed. Thanks.

All requests to this point have been fulfilled. Plenty more codes available, so don't hesitate to ask for one if you'd like to give it a try.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ed, it sounds great. I would like one please. Not sure what all the big words are. But I still would like one.

Not to worry Tom - most aspects of the app are quite intuitive and every unit, chart & feature of the app is thoroughly documented. The geeky stuff can be easily hidden if you want to pare the app down to just the things you are interested in.

The Potrzebie & FFF (Furlong-Firkin-Fortnight) systems of units are mostly whimsical, but they are quite useful for academic purposes and a number of units like the Smoot, Schaub & others are included for humorous relief.

Enjoy
Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
All requests to this point have been fulfilled - please let me know if I accidentally missed anyone.

Pete - there are several decent spreadsheet apps available. Are you looking for some specific capability other than standard EXCEL-like spreadsheet manipulations?

jsolie

Hi Edgar,

If you have code left, I'd like one. I regularly have needs to convert between different units. The FFF support sounds interesting.

Curly

Ed I was wondering if the new app revision is 2.02? That's what the phone says I have. If so my old version upgraded correctly and the redemption code you sent me can be given to another.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Pete - yes, this is v2.02 and the older versions should upgrade just fine. I'll give that code to someone else.

Sorry about the Android, Seamus. The app will run on any device that supports iOS7 or iOS8, so if you run across an iPod Touch, iPhone 4 or higher, or an iPad2, iPad Mini or higher at a good price, snatch it up & let me know - you don't have to use the device as your phone.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
All requests to this point have been fulfilled - I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Still plenty of codes left.

Thanks Jeff - glad to hear you are enjoying the app.

Top Bottom