Free Blanks for New Turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I have at least 5 small boxes of mostly plain & common wood blanks that will make for good practice.

If you are a new turner (less than 1 year) and would like one of these boxes, claim it in this thread & send me a PM with your shipping address. The first 5 to claim them here will get them & I will cover the postage in the USA. If you are overseas, I will ask you to cover a portion of the shipping charges.

There will be a variety of woods in each box, so this will give you some experience at turning different kinds of wood. While most are fairly plain, I will include a bottle stopper blank & at least a couple of nice blanks in each box.

Happy turning
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NOTW

I would like to have one if possible, I have only been turning a few months on a loaner lathe, but am having a blast so far.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I would like to have one if possible, I have only been turning a few months on a loaner lathe, but am having a blast so far.

You got it - send me a PM with your shipping info and I'll mail it to you on Monday.

Edgar

I've been at it for a little over a week and am in the middle of my second pen. I'd be grateful for pieces to practice on, but could also gather my own without too much trouble, so please prioritize others who could benefit more from your generosity!

--Rob

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I still have at least 3 of these boxes available, so if you are a new turner & would like some free blanks to play with, just let me know.

Rob, I'll pack your box this weekend & ship it on Monday.

JP, Thanks for your kind comments.

Edgar

Jake5

Free Blanks

My grandma gave me a lathe for my birthday and I have made three pens already. Still trying to figure things out! Thanks for the offer.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
You got 'em, Jake. I'll mail them on Monday.

Congratulations on the new lathe - you'll need to make something special for your grandmother. :)

Rob, I'll pack your box this weekend & ship it on Monday.

Wow, Edgar! What a lovely gift! Your package arrived yesterday. This collection will provide lots of learning opportunities. My wife is eyeing the pecan for her next pen (we gave away the first one I made for her).

Thank you very much! I'll post pictures along the way.

--Rob

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My pleasure, Rob. I'm glad to hear that you like the blanks & I'll be looking forward to seeing the pen you make for your wife. :)

I'll be looking forward to seeing the pen you make for your wife. :)

Hi Edgar,

Here's what I was able to do with your Texas pecan for Crystal's pen, along with a photo of all of my first six efforts (minus the one that became a graduation gift :eek:). My photos don't show the depth of the wood's beauty, but she's really happy with it, so that's what counts!

with many thanks again,
Rob

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice job on those pens there, Rob. Thanks for showing the photos.

I'm especially glad to hear that your wife likes that one made from pecan. :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I would like the blanks.

Sure, I have enough left for one more package. Send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll send it out as soon as I can - might be a week or so though.

Also, welcome to the IAP. Be sure to post an Introduction and tell us a little about yourself. That will get you into a drawing for a nice set of Australian blanks from our good friend George Valentine (Robutacion).

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
All the newbie blanks that I have available at this time are now spoken for.

I may do this again sometime down the road, but no more requests will be accepted in this thread.

Happy turning to all who got some blanks this go-round.

Edgar

bmcclellan

13606745_10209879599571719_8008412366952654535_n.jpg

Thank you Edgar. Used one of your blanks to turn my 1st ever pen!

Top Bottom