Foredom 5200

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

Foredom's are awesome. Mine is an old one that I bought used for much, much less than they go for new. That being said, I also have a foredom-like tool that I bought from American Science & Surplus for sixty something bucks (item # 93240). My generic one accepts the foredom handpieces and is rated at 1/4 hp instead of the foredom's 1/6 hp, but those ratings are suspect.

Truth be told, I use the generic one far more often than the 'real' foredom.

larryc

Foredom's are awesome. Mine is an old one that I bought used for much, much less than they go for new. That being said, I also have a foredom-like tool that I bought from American Science & Surplus for sixty something bucks (item # 93240). My generic one accepts the foredom handpieces and is rated at 1/4 hp instead of the foredom's 1/6 hp, but those ratings are suspect.

I am looking for the Foredom in order to use the Magnate 1/4" rope twist bit for use with my Pen Wizard.

sbell111

I am looking for the Foredom in order to use the Magnate 1/4" rope twist bit for use with my Pen Wizard.

Then you would need Foredom's H.44T or H.44HT handpiece. The difference between these two handpieces is the type of connection that it makes to the flex shaft. The H.44T uses a keyway while the H.44HT connects to a square drive tip on the flex shaft. I think that the generic tool has the square drive, but I don't remember right off the top of my head.

A Master Carver Flex shaft tool will hold that bit for you and fit in the Pen Wizard. It uses the same handpieces as Foredom and has more power, but costs less. It comes with two handpieces, one of which is the same diameter as Foredom's 44 series. Foredom is a very well made machine, but for my money the Master Carver is better.

Top Bottom