Fleur-de-lis Custom blank needed, casted or engraved.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I posted a question about this in the penturning threads and as a last. Resort am trying here for help. I recently recieved a custom order:

*** Would it be possible to get a ripper/stiletto combo in gold with a
black fleur lis or a black with a gold fleur de lis? ***

I showeded her a nfl bottle cap pen i made from a IAP member and after asking more questions she replied with the they following.

***I looked at the bottle cap one. I was thinking on the line of
engraving a fleur de lis shape into the wood.
Not sure if you can do that in gold and black.
If you can only do it in wood that would be fine. ***

Can anyone make, lazer cut, engrave or cast me something like this? Another member mentioned a decal but was hoping to only have to do that as a last resort.

Seam Ripper tubes are 8mm. And 3.25" long.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

There were a number of suggestions in the other thread. None of those appropriate ?

endacoz

None that the customer was interested in at all. No decals or "glued" on logos. She wants engraved or nothing.

I appreciated the options from the previous thread but not the customer.

Skie_M

No interest in a cast tube with black decal in clear alumilite?

It would look like black on gold, especially if the tube was nicely polished.

Or, you could possibly go with a double casting approach, where you get a golden blank and turn it down undersized, then apply the black decal (or vice versa), and then re-cast it in clear.

Last edited:

Skie_M

I have absolutely no idea ....

If I were you, and your lady friend found this idea to be workable and acceptable, I'ld contact someone in the casting forums who does casting and decal work, like LadyCop.

I've been thinking about getting into casting, but my monetary situation is looking grim at the moment. I have no way to accomplish this at this time.

I just got into decal work, so I'm a beginner in that field ... but your client is not interested in pure decal work.

Though, I should point out, that even if it is pure decal work, the decal is sealed under several layers of CA ... it's invisible, it doesn't peel off or wear off without some serious abuse.

The only reason pure decal work wouldn't work properly would be if the finished blank has some high profile curves in it that would distort the surface so that the decal wouldn't adhere properly (wrinkles and such).

Last edited:
Top Bottom