Wanted Faceplate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

Does anyone have an extra faceplate that they are not using, and would like to sell? I have a Jet min lathe which I think has a 8tpi.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason;
Try making your own faceplates. Use a hardwood, turn it to the size you want, and thread it to your lathe's spindle using a Beall's lathe spindle tap.

Skie_M

I go to the hardware store and purchase a nut that fits the threads on my spindle ... and then get a piece of wood and drill out a recess for that nut, and epoxy it in place.

I can then use the threads in the nut to put that piece of wood on my headstock and turn it perfectly round and use it as a glue block or a face plate, whichever I desire .... I can continue using it and abusing it till the wood is too thin or nearly turned all the way off, and then I can just epoxy another block of glue on the front and keep going indefinately. You see ... the metal threads on the nut wont wear out like threads in a piece of wood.

It's a little more expensive, but it'll last you pretty much forever, rather than needing to replace it when the threads in the wood wear out. :)

Top Bottom