Engineering Drawings for Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would like to talk to people who can do Engineering drawings from which a pen kit can be built by a competent manufacturer. The probably will not have to specify the base metal but might have to specify the plating thickness. Things like refills and refill springs will need to be shown but won't need to be sized, they will be off the shelf.

I will not expect this service to be free....

Turned Around

I'm a design engineer. Mostly mechanical stuff. Rough outs, machine drawings, assemblies, tolerancing, etc. WHat did you have in mind?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm a design engineer. Mostly mechanical stuff. Rough outs, machine drawings, assemblies, tolerancing, etc. WHat did you have in mind?
What I want to do is take an existing pen kit and keeping the same dimensions develop a different centerband, a different cap/clip and possibly a different tip but possibly use the same bushings as the model kit. I am talking to a vendor to see exactly what they would need the drawings to show. BTW building and importing this kit would not violate any patent or copyright laws. It is a pretty simple 7mm kit. I might well change the transmission too but you wouldn't need to do any drawings on that. I would also need a typical assembly drawing that could be included with instructions.

Last edited:

Turned Around

Doesn't sound too complicated. Just need to know the OD and the thread callout on the new transmission. Let us know what the vendor needs and we'll work out the details

Top Bottom