Dirt Cheap Camphor Rounds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I sliced this camphor log into 5 rounds, each 4-5" thick and about 9" in diameter. Here is a one-time offer to get one of these rounds for just $15 shipped in the USA.

These rounds are about 2 bf each, so given the cost of shipping an MFRB, you're only paying about $3 for the wood which is easily worth $15-$20. MC is about 15% and I've wrapped them in cellophane. No picking - the rounds are all very similar and the boxes are already packed, so you will get a random chunk.

I only have 5 of these, so the first 5 people to claim it here get dibs. Send me a PM with your address & I'll send my paypal info.

I'll be selling more camphor wood later in the Classifieds forum for something closer to market value.

Thanks for looking
Edgar

Attachments

• DirtCheap2.jpg
    DirtCheap2.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DirtCheap3.jpg
    DirtCheap3.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DirtCheap4.jpg
    DirtCheap4.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DirtCheap5.jpg
    DirtCheap5.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 90
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I sliced this camphor log into 5 rounds, each 4-5" thick and about 9" in diameter. Here is a one-time offer to get one of these rounds for just $15 shipped in the USA.

These rounds are about 2 bf each, so given the cost of shipping an MFRB, you're only paying about $3 for the wood which is easily worth $15-$20. MC is about 15% and I've wrapped them in cellophane. No picking - the rounds are all very similar and the boxes are already packed, so you will get a random chunk.

I only have 5 of these, so the first 5 people to claim it here get dibs. Send me a PM with your address & I'll send my paypal info.

I'll be selling more camphor wood later in the Classifieds forum for something closer to market value.

Thanks for looking
Edgar

Hi Edgar,

I didn't know that you had Camphor Laurel trees growing in your farms...!

Do you like the smell that comes from the wood..???

The tree I got a couple of years ago, produced a few limbs that size and with similar heartwood size, I have looked into getting some logs from the trunk of a huge Camphor tree but, I'm yet to find those, about 3 to 4 feet in diameter are quite common to see but, no one wants them cut, even though they are considered a weed here in Australia..!

God look with it...!

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hi George,
I don't think that I have any camphor laurel growing on my farms, but I haven't surveyed every tree yet, so it is possible. This log is from that big tree that I wrote about a few months ago:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/camphor-wood-score-131213/

This was a very large and old tree that was only about 3 miles from my home. It was probably over 100 years old and was obviously struck by lightning as some of the logs have burned-out pith. I am slowly working my way through this big pile of logs.

I do love the aroma of this wood. My shop smells great for several days after I cut up some of this wood.

Earlier today, I took some pens and other things over to the people who let me have this wood. They were thrilled to get them.

robutacion

Hi George,
I don't think that I have any camphor laurel growing on my farms, but I haven't surveyed every tree yet, so it is possible. This log is from that big tree that I wrote about a few months ago:

This was a very large and old tree that was only about 3 miles from my home. It was probably over 100 years old and was obviously struck by lightning as some of the logs have burned-out pith. I am slowly working my way through this big pile of logs.

I do love the aroma of this wood. My shop smells great for several days after I cut up some of this wood.

Earlier today, I took some pens and other things over to the people who let me have this wood. They were thrilled to get them.

Sure it was, I totally forgot that thread, my forgetness good example, damn...!

I'm sorry about that mate, ...!

If they ever get that tree butt removed and given to you, there will be some amazing heartwood in it, I predict...!

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Hi George,

Sure it was, I totally forgot that thread, my forgetness good example, damn...!

I'm sorry about that mate, ...!

If they ever get that tree butt removed and given to you, there will be some amazing heartwood in it, I predict...!

Cheers
George

No problem - I am regularly prone to senior moments :)

That tree butt is rapidly growing up in vines - probably poison ivy, but I didn't look at it closely. I'll make them a few more nice things and ask them about taking it down sometime next year. Maybe they'll be tired of looking at a jumble of vines by then.

I'm sure there is some awesome wood in that butt - some of the large logs have really nice heartwood. But even the sapwood of camphor is really nice and most of it has great chatoyancy too.

Oh, and did I mention the aroma??? :biggrin:

Top Bottom