Wanted Cocobolo Blanks - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Trades, Gifts, & Wants
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Trades, Gifts, & Wants This forum is for no cost (postage OK) transactions. All for sale items go in the for sale forum.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Cocobolo Blanks

Lately I've been running through a lot of cocobolo so I am looking to acquire more. Before buying from a retailer, I figured I'd check here.

A good while back I bought a Medium Flat Rate Box of cocobolo blanks ranging from 3" to 8". They were somewhat randomly cut, but all usable for pen blanks. I've run through most of them over the past several months so I'm hoping to find a similar deal. Does anyone have a surplus of cocobolo they're looking to part with?
aggie182 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-09-2018, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 457

I suspect I have a lot with the IAP Estate Blanks. I'll look when I get home and PM you.

Mark

The IAP Collection is a permanent collection of pens
that has been established from the
IAP Membership explicitly for the purpose of
public display, preservation and inspiration.
mark james is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I sent you a PM on these--have no idea how to attach a picture to a PM and don't have an online photo site to link to!!
earl
Attached Thumbnails
cocobolo-1.jpg   cocobolo-2.jpg   2018-4-1-tx-mesquite.jpg  
greenacres2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 12

Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from another member. If you start looking at commercial outlets, I recommend checking out Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. They have a cocobolo "grade" that they call "King" which is supposed to be more figured. I've used both the standard and King from them, both were great. At about $1 per blank, hard to beat the price too. They used to sell on eBay but are now on Amazon, not sure if the price is consistent between Amazon and their site... http://www.diamondtropicalhardwoods...._cocobolo_pen/
Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow Sam, thanks for posting that. Excellent prices on a lot of stuff--geez $25 for 100 monkeypod blanks is crazy--even shipping could not make it an expensive deal. I don't think i'll be buying the 14' Coco slab--but it would make a great wall decoration--Nature's artwork!!

@ Aggie--I really just popped back in to tell you give the IAP Estate blanks from Mark (if available) preference over mine--funds for mine go to further MY habit, funds for the IAP Estate blanks go to further the habit of HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS.
earl
greenacres2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the messages. I just replied to Mark, no cocobolo available. I'll check Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. Thanks for the headsup on that.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehn0045 View Post
Hopefully you can find what you're looking for from another member. If you start looking at commercial outlets, I recommend checking out Diamond Tropical Hardwoods. They have a cocobolo "grade" that they call "King" which is supposed to be more figured. I've used both the standard and King from them, both were great. At about $1 per blank, hard to beat the price too. They used to sell on eBay but are now on Amazon, not sure if the price is consistent between Amazon and their site... Cocobolo King Pen Blanks | diamondtropicalhardwoods.com
I just ordered 50 King Cocobolo blanks through their Amazon store.
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads