Clock insert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

View in Gallery

Hello All

I posted this in another forum sort of and probably should post here and hopefully more will see. This is not pen related directly but it can be:)

I have just returned to my shop and started working on some projects and one of these needs some 2" clock inserts. I use to be able to buy these at Wildwood designs but they no longer carry. I was hoping someone may know of a place or may even have a few they want to sell. Be glad to deal. I have included a photo and it is a USA flag with a blue background. It actually is the one on the left.

I hope this does not violate any rules and if it does the moderators will take it down.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
They do have that design in the 3-1/2", and they have a different design in the 2".
Can the crystal be removed and any image you desire be put in? I ask because I noticed they have the insert that photos can be placed inside.

I found some 2-3/4" here... http://cherrytreetoys.com/2-3-4-clock-inserts/

Last edited:

jttheclockman

They do have that design in the 3-1/2", and they have a different design in the 2".
Can the crystal be removed and any image you desire be put in? I ask because I noticed they have the insert that photos can be placed inside.

I found some 2-3/4" here... 2 3/4" Clock Inserts

The place you linked to is associated with Wildwood Designs which is where I get most of the inserts and that is why they carry close to the same things. I have the 2 3/4". That is the largest size I use. Those inserts can be reworked because the bezel is plastic and the trim ring screws off. It takes some work but I have done it before.

The 2" is a glass bezel with a solid brass plated ring and no there is no way to rework these without taking the guts out. They are a sealed unit. Way too much work for that. The place I use to buy them had some with a white background but stopped carrying them also. I believe when the 1 7/16 get sold out that will be the end of them unless Tawain starts producing again.

I have gone through this before with other inserts and eventually all vendors sell off the remaining stock. Being I was away from doing this work for almost 3 years I lost touch or lost my pulse on what was happening and this caught me by surprise. If I had known it I would have bought out many vendors stock. I use these inserts in many of my clocks.

Thanks for the link and the idea. I am sure I will work something out. I am hoping if enough vendors try to reorder them that the supplier will put back in production. Supply and demand as they say.

jttheclockman

Klockit has the 2 inch movements in white but no flag --

Thanks Ken. I am interested in the flag because it goes with the theme of some of the projects I make. Such as military clocks, US postal clocks, boy and girl scout clocks and so on. I have found people gravitate more toward the blue background than the white but I would have settled for the white if they had those. The day after I placed my order they called me to inform me they no longer carry the white ones either. I politely told the lady to correct their site then and pull down the photo. It is misleading.

What I was really hoping for is some obscure vendor that may have old stock or even a clock maker that may have some laying around that wants to sell. Will keep looking and maybe if there is enough demand from the vendors they will bring them back. I won't hold my breath though. I have been here before as I mentioned.

This was another insert that I used quite often and yes it was expensive but it sold well. They stopped making it in either the Roman or Arabic display. I miss that one too.
View in Gallery

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Thanks Kent but I have a ton of other inserts that I use but this one as I mentioned is a special insert because of the theme clocks I make. It fits perfect with the themes and people love them.

Top Bottom