Chrome Jr Gent 1 convertible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have 10 chrome Jr. Gent 1 convertibles that can be assembled as either a fP or RB. To convert you have to change the whole front end and I would be prone to glue the RB spring in so it wouldn't get lost. I'd like to trade for blanks my pref is nice burls of about any color - stablized. I would put the value of the kits at about $8.00. They will have a cartrige and RB refill. All or none in this trade each side pays shipping I'll ship SFRB.
PM your offer...indicate interest here.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

I have some stabilized spalted white elm that has some really good figure to it. If you are interested I can dig them out and send you a scan of some of them.

Gary Beasley

Heres a few of the elm and also a couple of spalted sweetgum to look at. The are 1 inch by a shade over 5 inches. I also have several of the elm boards to cut and stabilize yet, one has pink bands on it. I also have a few long sticks of Honduran rosewood burl, unstabilized. Stuff is so dense it doesn't need it. How many blanks would you deem suitable for the trade?

Attachments

• Scan-140208-0001.jpg
    Scan-140208-0001.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 77

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They look OK how many will you offer?[quote=Gary Beasley;1626899]Heres a few of the elm and also a couple of spalted sweetgum to look at. The are 1 inch by a shade over 5 inches. I also have several of the elm boards to cut and stabilize yet, one has pink bands on it. I also have a few long sticks of Honduran rosewood burl, unstabilized. Stuff is so dense it doesn't need it. How many blanks would you deem suitable for the trade?[/quote]

Gary Beasley

How does a flat rate box full sound? I think it will hold 20 blanks, if not I'll find a box big enough for the 20. I'm in the process of stabilizing the rest of the wood and will have them done in a few days.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
How does a flat rate box full sound? I think it will hold 20 blanks, if not I'll find a box big enough for the 20. I'm in the process of stabilizing the rest of the wood and will have them done in a few days.
OK Done deal.

PM sent. You want just the ash or some of the other woods mixed in?
Ash? this is the first time you mentioned ash. I thought we were talking about things you pictured?

Gary Beasley

OK Done deal.

PM sent. You want just the ash or some of the other woods mixed in?
Ash? this is the first time you mentioned ash. I thought we were talking about things you pictured?

Sorry, elm. I get the two crossed. Do you want a mix or all one variety? If you want some sweetgum i can pull out some of the better blanks i have stored and stabilize them too. I can send you a scan of the complete batch when I'm done..

Let me know if you still need someone to stabilize those blanks you posted about elsewhere.

Gary Beasley

I have them all done. Couldn't find a way to attach a picture in PM so this will do. I'll have a couple of extra challenge pieces in the box too just for fun. Now if I can get this ready to mail before Snowmageddon II hits.

Attachments

• elm.jpg
    elm.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 57
  • sweetgum.jpg
    sweetgum.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom