Burly Mesquite Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tateb24

Burly Mesquite Pen Blanks *New Pics* 55.00 shipped

Greetings,

I recently received some Mesquite wood and ended up having a lot of mesquite burl blanks, more than I will ever need. This is some pretty high end burl, very interesting. I am selling the whole lot of wood for 55.00 shipped, There is over 15 pieces of Mesquite burl. I accept payment via Paypal. I make most of my pens with 1"x1"x5" blanks, so I did my best to cut these to similar dimensions. The shortest piece sold is probably best suited for a PSI bolt action pen or key chain. The longest piece is 1x1x16", which I can cut down for shipping purchases if you would like. There are some pieces that have the bark still in the wood, I usually stabilize with CA glue and turn with the bark still in, the mesquite wood is probably some of the nicer stuff around, definitely better than what woodcraft has on there shelf here in Houston.

I went on a hunt for pecan wood today and my local supplier didn't have any only this mesquite wood, I would usually turn these into pens, but I am trying to reduce my pen inventory before I start to make more. You can easily make your money back from this wood if you make and sell a couple of PSI bolt action pens, which leaves the rest for profit.
The wood is wet from water, so you can get a better idea from the grain, please excuse the pictures, I will post more if you need a better picture.

Attachments

• Commando Pics 241.jpg
    Commando Pics 241.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Commando Pics 234.jpg
    Commando Pics 234.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Commando Pics 236.jpg
    Commando Pics 236.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Commando Pics 237.jpg
    Commando Pics 237.jpg