Blanks: Cost of shipping only

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

For anyone making pens for our service men and women and/or veterans:
If you need blanks, I will send you a small, flat-rate box of pen blanks.
You must make at least ONE pen from these blanks and donate it to a veteran
or
an active duty serviceman or woman OR donate at least one pen to ServicePens
OR any of the other programs doing similar, such as Freedom Pens.

Of course, I prefer you contribute to ServicePens 2015 but I will support all similar efforts.

For those who want a box of blanks: a GMAIL email address looks like this -> SomeOne@gmail.com
my SomeOne is garymg
:biggrin:
Please send $6.30 paypal payment to my GMAIL email for a box of blanks to make pens for our servicemen and women.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

For those wondering if this is still available--not to worry, I have more wood to make blanks from than I know what to do with.
As long as this post is open, there are blanks available.

Also, I can be dense--if you post or PM and don't explicitly ask for blanks, I won't assume you want or need any. :biggrin:

Thank you,
Gary

Last edited:

bgarms755

Don't know if the offer still stands but I am a disabled navy Vet who has made pens for the Freedom Pen project now for 3 years and I made and delivered 40 pen to the Long beach VA Hospital last Christmas eve to men and women veterans who had to spend Christmas in the hospital.

GaryMGg

Hi Bradley,

Check your PMs.
This offer will be open all year!!!
I have a ton of wood.
There are folks sending me PMs to let me know that if I run out of blanks, they have plenty to keep this going.

Thank you all!!!
Humbly,
Gary

GaryMGg

Hi Loyd
Good to know.
We shipped blanks to everyone who sent Paypal to this point.
Y'all please post pics when you make some pens for our Servicemen and women.
Thank you.

ChristyW

Being an ex-service member, I would love to participate in this. Let me know what info you need. Thanks for setting this up...

GaryMGg

I guess I had a little confusion. All inquiries have been responded to at this point.
I updated the original post to include Paypal information.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your pens for Servicemen and women.
Thank you.

Fredito

Got the package today, thanks for your generosity! Some pretty cool blanks in there and some stuff I've never seen before! Now to get off to turning for the troops.

GaryMGg

Hi Fred. I'm glad you like the blanks.
Mostly I'm sending out black walnut, black cherry, sapelle, mahogany, some cedar, some cypress, some oak, some maple and here and there I have included some nice dense varieties of rosewood.
And, some corian.
I'm also trying to fill the spaces with off-cuts of various pieces from some blanks I've used over time.
I'm hoping y'all will be able to make some neat segmented pens with the smaller pieces.

NB: When cutting the smaller pieces, keep your hands safe: Use jigs and hold-downs. Be safe.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I never knew such a project existed. My daughter has done two tours in Qatar and two in Afghanistan. Me, well, just say, I have been there too. With your permission I am going to post another message about this on IAP. I have just started and have only made one pen but give me a bit to get better and I will certainly send a couple. I would be proud to have a Servicemember use a pen I made. Man!, just get the word out!

Fredito

Thanks! This helps a ton. I always try to label wood when I get it but I am finding it fun yet extremely difficult at time. I would have never figured out the balsamo if you didn't label it. Thanks again

Hi Fred. I'm glad you like the blanks.
Mostly I'm sending out black walnut, black cherry, sapelle, mahogany, some cedar, some cypress, some oak, some maple and here and there I have included some nice dense varieties of rosewood.
And, some corian.
I'm also trying to fill the spaces with off-cuts of various pieces from some blanks I've used over time.
I'm hoping y'all will be able to make some neat segmented pens with the smaller pieces.

NB: When cutting the smaller pieces, keep your hands safe: Use jigs and hold-downs. Be safe.

Thank you.

pesto126

Paypal sent for some blanks... looking forward to creating some pens for the troops! Thx Gary - andy.

magier412

Hi Gary!

Rec'd the blanks and they look great! Thanks so much! I'll get to working on the pens soon as I can.

(sorry for the delay in letting you know...been dealing with migraines for the last couple of weeks :(

Cheers!

Kay

GaryMGg

I got an email from a Brian R. asking if I still have blanks.
I emailed him but haven't heard back.
So long as this offer is here, I have blanks.
I don't know how to locate Brian R -- I searched the member list to no avail.
Brian, if you're here--plenty of blanks available.
Thank you.

Top Bottom