Black Ti fontain nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

le_skieur

I need a black ti fontain nib for a Jr Gent II for filling a Customer order.
She whant both, the rolerball and fontain. Anyone know where I can get this part or I will have to buy a complete kit?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PMisiaszek

I went through this recently with a Junior Gentleman II. A customer took me up on an offer to switch a fountain pen to a rollerball. Your customer apparently wants the same option. It doesn't work. The fountain pen and rollerball tips on that pen aren't interchangeable. The threading is different not only for the nib/tip end, but also the threads that allow you to close the pen. I wound up making good on my offer by making him a second pen with the rollerball he wanted.

le_skieur

Hi PMisiaszek,
Thanks for your answer.
I do that oftenly with my Dayacom pen kit. I buyed from an other suplier some fontain nib in rhodium that I switch from rolerball to fontain. In this case, it was a black ti that I was needed.

PMisiaszek

Roy, This is exactly the problem you were helping me with, but for some reason he is able to swap a rollerball tip for a fountain pen tip assembly in a JGII. The threads on the rhodium kit are definitely different and the swap just won't work. He says he can do it with a different plating. I know there is also an "Apprentice" version of the pen. Are the different platings different generations of the same pen, or is he making the apprentice version that has a different tip? Pete

OKLAHOMAN

Pete the problem you had was because CSUSA changed vendors and the old venders threading did not match up with the new vendors threading. You obviously had a customer that had an older version and you were tiring to swap it out with a section from a newer version.

le_skieur

Roy,
When you say CSUSA changed vendors, this happens long time ago I believe. As far as I know, Dayacom do the Jr Gent II, Jr Statesman and other similar kit for CSUSA since many years. What I know, there were a Jr Gent before the new II.

OKLAHOMAN

Jean, it was about a year ago and it was only the Jr. Gent 11. This has caused many problems in some as when they have a customer that bought a pen a couple of years ago and now wants to change the section. I sent you a section that I'm not sure if it's from old stock or new stock. I just sent you a PM with tracking info.

le_skieur

I went to my workshop and tryed switching nib from one kit to the other and everything was fine untill I tryed to switch a new Jr Retro kit that I received a month ago from CSUSA and the nib did not fit on my other one.
It's bad but in the otherhand I learned something new today!

PMisiaszek

Well, to make it more interesting, I noticed that the "Citizen" kit that R&B has looked a lot like JGII and the bushing sizes were the same. So, I ordered two rollerball kits in rhodium. They arrived today so I tested the rollerball tip assembly from the Citizen in the JGII fountain pen, and the threads match perfectly. The end result is a JGII pen very slightly longer I think (I didn't measure) but the Citizen assembly seems to be a perfect match with the JGII. Roy, I know about the older version (JGI) and have plenty of parts from that kit as well as the JGII. But I still think the current version of the rollerball and fountain pen have different threads for the tip assembly. I've gotten both kits from you and Craft Supply and no combination of replacements works for me.

le_skieur

Just a question to help me: Are the old and new JGII are pack in same Dayacom bags?

OKLAHOMAN

Pete we now know the Jr. Gent ll has two different threads as has been said CSUSA changed Vendors last year and the Dayacom Jr. Gent ll will not exchange with their new vendors Jr. Gent ll.
Craft Supply has said it will take a while for all old stock to be gone and used up, but what they just don't get is we sold thousands of the Dayacon Jr. Gent ll's and will for years to come have customers wanting to update to a fountain or change from a fountain to a rollerball. That is one reason we are going to try to have our own components made.

i
Well, to make it more interesting, I noticed that the "Citizen" kit that R&B has looked a lot like JGII and the bushing sizes were the same. So, I ordered two rollerball kits in rhodium. They arrived today so I tested the rollerball tip assembly from the Citizen in the JGII fountain pen, and the threads match perfectly. The end result is a JGII pen very slightly longer I think (I didn't measure) but the Citizen assembly seems to be a perfect match with the JGII. Roy, I know about the older version (JGI) and have plenty of parts from that kit as well as the JGII. But I still think the current version of the rollerball and fountain pen have different threads for the tip assembly. I've gotten both kits from you and Craft Supply and no combination of replacements works for me.

le_skieur

Roy,
There is not only the JGII that have a new threads, the Jr Retro eather. I just tryed to switch a nib from a new kit to an older one and it don't fit.

Pete we now know the Jr. Gent ll has two different threads as has been said CSUSA changed Vendors last year and the Dayacom Jr. Gent ll will not exchange with their new vendors Jr. Gent ll.
Craft Supply has said it will take a while for all old stock to be gone and used up, but what they just don't get is we sold thousands of the Dayacon Jr. Gent ll's and will for years to come have customers wanting to update to a fountain or change from a fountain to a rollerball. That is one reason we are going to try to have our own components made.

i

Quality Pen

Good to see folks have helped each other out again.

Since the topic is resolved, maybe can we explore know why they changed vendors? Do we know that. It seems insane to change just one component set when they still use that supplier for many other things. Meanwhile, their customers suffer.

le_skieur

I used to switch nib with most of all jr série from Dayacom and also Jr Majestic. I was ordering as many FP then RB in order to make whatever I was needed.I got some fountain nib parts left. But now it is going to be a nightmare by not nowing wich the new or the old one we will receive.
(Sorry about my bad English writing)

Top Bottom