Wanted Basic pen turning supplies needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
My Grandkids love to turn pens with me but unfortunately they live about one hour away. So, I'm tying to get them what they need to turn pens on their own when we can't get together. I'm looking to purchase many of the little items that they will need. Figured I'd try here first before I bought everything new. If anyone has any extras of any of the following that you would be willing to sell please get ahold of me.

Jacobs Chuck (MT2)

Dedicated Pen Blank Drilling Chuck (1"/8TPI)

A Rick Herell sanding jig
Transfer Punches
Mandrel and Mandrel saver (MT2)

Pen Press

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

About a year ago, my uncle put out a similar post to get me started turning. Several people, glad to see an 18 year old interested, showed an unbelievable amount of generosity by setting me up with almost eveything i needed. This is my chance to pay it forward. I'll go through my shop tonight and get a box together for you.

-Joe

mbroberg

Joe,

I truly appreciate your offer and admire your generosity. You fit in th the IAP very well. Thank you your willingness to help. I sent you a PM with a more detailed explanation. Your offer got me thinking that maybe some clarification is in order.

I am not looking for any other supplies other than what I have listed. I have more blanks and kits than I will ever use, even with my Grandkids help. While my goal is to set my Grandkids up at their house They honestly have access to almost anything they would need, except for those items. If anyone has any of the items I listed that they want to get rid of, or are just taking up space in your shop, I am offering to purchase them. If not, I will get them from our very fine vendors,

You just gotta love this community!! :biggrin:

TonyL

If they are interested in some Benjamin's Best-like chisels, I would be happy to send them to you or them.

mbroberg

If they are interested in some Benjamin's Best-like chisels, I would be happy to send them to you or them.

Thank you Tony. We are good as far as chisels go. I have an extra set of Easy Wood Tools for them.

Rtibbs

I have the Jacobs chuck you are looking for if you are still in need. PM me with your address and it's yours at no charge.

Ron

TonyL

Thank you Tony. We are good as far as chisels go. I have an extra set of Easy Wood Tools for them.

My pleasure. I may have some inserts if interested I may have given them away, but if not tell me the round and square size and I will check. I bought them from AZ Carbide.

mbroberg

Thanks Tony, but not necessary. I use to demo for EWT and had a great discount with them. I loaded up with cutters and am set for a good long while.

stonepecker

Mike...….Just a thought. Do they have a drill press handy?

One of the best set-ups I have seen for a pen press is Mark James's way. The pen is right in front of a person and with a few pieces of scrap wood, they can watch things being put together and have control that is second to none. I thought it was better then any thing I have seen as a way to get the job done. It is simple and protects the pieces better then any other way I have seen.

Just a thought.

mbroberg

One of the best set-ups I have seen for a pen press is Mark James's way. The pen is right in front of a person and with a few pieces of scrap wood, they can watch things being put together and have control that is second to none. I thought it was better then any thing I have seen as a way to get the job done. It is simple and protects the pieces better then any other way I have seen.

Just a thought.

Thanks Wayne. They do not have a drill press.

cseymour

Just a thought.

I am intrigued by this. Would you have some more details?

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

gratz

pretty sure I have a pen press that I don't use if you're interested, I'll dig it out and take some pictures if you would like (bought it used, pretty sure all parts are there, works, just prefer using a hand clamp!)

Top Bottom