Bandsaw Riser kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JHW

I am well aware of retail outlets and online vendors that sell these kits. Just thought that maybe someone might have one that is collecting dust and they may want to turn it into money.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I am well aware of retail outlets and online vendors that sell these kits. Just thought that maybe someone might have one that is collecting dust and they may want to turn it into money.

Rest assured that that is definitely a valid use of this forum. Feel free to ask.

John, while I'm sure he appreciates the link, I think there are a lot better ways to phrase it.

Andrew
assistant moderator

jttheclockman

I have a 14" Delta with riser kit that I am parting out.
See http://www.penturners.org/forum/f30/jet-14-bandsaw-problems-130772/
I couldn't fix the problem so I bought a new Grizzly 17"
I also have a number of blades for the Delta with riser including a 3/4" that was installed but never used.

Gee Larry I thought you finally fixed the problem to the point it was usable. :)
Not to hijack the thread but since you jumped in Larry, did the saw run good in the original state without the riser??? Not sure maybe you bought it with the riser. The reason I ask is if you are going to sell the riser as a kit could there have been any flaws in the riser itself??? Maybe miscast??? Are you going to sell other parts off it or are you going to reassemble and sell as original saw???

How is the Grizzly???

Last edited:

larryc

I also have a number of blades for the Delta with riser including a 3/4" that was installed but never used.

Gee Larry I thought you finally fixed the problem to the point it was usable. :)
Not to hijack the thread but since you jumped in Larry, did the saw run good in the original state without the riser??? Not sure maybe you bought it with the riser. The reason I ask is if you are going to sell the riser as a kit could there have been any flaws in the riser itself??? Maybe miscast??? Are you going to sell other parts off it or are you going to reassemble and sell as original saw???

How is the Grizzly???

No, I could never get the problem solved.
As I said the riser kit had been installed for a number of years with no problems and it is pinned in place so it can't shift.

Yes, all of the other parts including new Urethane tires, new thrust bearings, motor, etc are all for sale.

The Grizzly (G0513ANV) is one sweet machine.

jttheclockman

How is the Grizzly???

No, I could never get the problem solved.
As I said the riser kit had been installed for a number of years with no problems and it is pinned in place so it can't shift.

Yes, all of the other parts including new Urethane tires, new thrust bearings, motor, etc are all for sale.

The Grizzly (G0513ANV) is one sweet machine.

Larry

Good to hear you found a good replacement saw. Good luck with it. It is ashame we could not figure that one problem out because i was intrigued with it. Well if you sell the riser kit to the Op maybe the best thing would be to put the saw back together and sell as a whole unit. Might be easier than selling off parts. Probably without the riser, the problem you mentioned will not be there. Sell on Craig's list or something. Maybe have a yard sale. :) They are good saws.

jttheclockman

JHW

My bad. Bad choice of words:redface:

Good luck in your quest for a riser kit. If larry is willing to sell than maybe a good deal and if you could buy the blades maybe even a better deal. Not sure what saw you have but beware the the addition of a riser block means more tension on the saw itself. The motor needs to be able to handle the power needed. The tension spring needs to be able to handle the larger blades. Sometimes people change out the tension springs for something stronger. If you are into resawing maybe you would want to look into carbide blades. That is what I use and they last many times longer.

Again sorry, and good luck :)

JHW

John T.
My saw is a Delta that I have had for about 30 years. Has been well cared for. I am mainly looking to be able to saw larger chunks of wood into round bowl blanks.

Top Bottom