Artisan Slimline Bullet Pen Kit Antique Brass

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SkewedUp

I need a CSUSA pen kit called the Artisan Slimline Bullet Pen Kit Antique Brass. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. My CSUSA invoice shows product # 1050420003 for the pen kit I need.

I have a customer who wants a custom job using one of these very slim bullet pens that will fit in his uniform pen sleeve.

These are not the 30 caliber pen kits. A lot smaller in diameter. And I need the antique brass finish.

If anyone has one (or more) that they would be willing to part with I would very much like to purchase as many as 10 of these pen kits.

TIA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

For a real thin one, you might have to go to a full custom using 223 cases.

Sorry about the bad pic, but this is a 223 case cut in 2 pieces and a 22caliber bullet drilled for the nib. The guts of this pen is from a Slimline. I made this as a test to see if my theory would work.

SkewedUp

Do you have a pic you could share ?

It seems that it was an old kit. I am questioning whether the Antique Brass plating was even available more than about 3 years ago

Google search turned up this, which may be yours, but I don't see a CSUSA part no. on it and it is a "jewelry grade finish" which I assume means (and looks like) gold

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/1/5893/Artisan-Slimline-Bullet-Pen-Kit

Yes Mal, that is the gold version of the pen kit. I never made any gold kits but still have a few pens I made using the antique brass and several of the chrome ones.

When I first found out that the pen kit was being discontinued I bought a bunch of the chrome kits even though I really prefer the antique brass because that thin bullet pen is the only one I can guarantee will fit in any military uniform pen sleeve.

Worst case I'll have to take one of my existing pens apart and re-use the components to make this special order request I got. The customer already has one with the antique brass plating and wants another one to match it.

Attachments

• Jay pen03.jpg
    Jay pen03.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

SkewedUp

For a real thin one, you might have to go to a full custom using 223 cases.

Sorry about the bad pic, but this is a 223 case cut in 2 pieces and a 22caliber bullet drilled for the nib. The guts of this pen is from a Slimline. I made this as a test to see if my theory would work.

Thanks for the idea but I need to make a matching pen so the 223 casing pen is not going to be an option. It looks like your theory worked out. And some of the pictures at that link turned out great! :biggrin:

magpens

Thank you, Doug. That is a lovely looking pen.

I did not know such a kit existed until you mentioned it. I wish I had known to buy some.

SkewedUp

As usual, IAP came through and I have a pen kit on the way. The generosity of the folks on this forum continues to amaze me.

My benefactor prefers to remain anonymous and only asked that I return the favor for someone who needs assistance in the future.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Top Bottom