Almost free Worthless Camphor Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here is one MFRB of Worthless Camphor Wood including some cutoff scraps.

Here's the deal - I am looking for someone who would like to make some Alumilite Worthless Wood castings from this stuff. I will ship you this box at my expense and if the castings work out, you send me 3 or 4 pen blanks back.

I'm looking for feedback for several things:
1. I want to do some Alumilite WW casting myself but don't have time for it right now, so I'd like to see how this stuff casts in Alumilite.
2. I'd like to know if my Worthless Wood is useful or if it's truly worthless.

If you can't get anything good out of it, you owe me nothing but your honest feedback.

First one to post their interest here gets it. I only have this one box for now.

I cut up a couple of the smaller logs with fairly low MC and signs of slight spalting to get some blanks to make a few things for the folks who owned the tree. These are the leftovers from that cutting - mostly sapwood, but you can see some slight spalting in the photo. I think you can even get a few regular pen blanks out of some of this wood.

Edgar

Attachments

• WorthlessMFRB.jpg
    WorthlessMFRB.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Edgar, it's hard to tell from the picture. It looks like most of the pieces are slabs. Are there any pieces with interesting holes or shapes? Anything large enough for casting small boxes?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar, it's hard to tell from the picture. It looks like most of the pieces are slabs. Are there any pieces with interesting holes or shapes? Anything large enough for casting small boxes?

Tell you what Mark - I'll lay out the contents in the morning and shoot some better photos. I should have done that in the first place.

You get first shot at the box if the stuff looks interesting to you. No problem if you decide to pass on it.

Edgar

Janster

WW Material

I will accept the offer if still available.

Me too, but it does not really look great material for WW Casting. One usually uses jagged burl types of wood, some of which need stabilizing, but not always. You can see the wild edges shown in most WW Castings. I am NOT trying to take over your ad! Just wanted to point out the type of material generally used in WWC. ......Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Me too, but it does not really look great material for WW Casting. One usually uses jagged burl types of wood, some of which need stabilizing, but not always. You can see the wild edges shown in most WW Castings. I am NOT trying to take over your ad! Just wanted to point out the type of material generally used in WWC. ......Jan

That was part of the reason for my post - I'm trying to learn more about WW casting. After some conversation with Mark, I think that about half of the box was useful & about half was just too plain.

I'm trying to come up with a better selection that will be more suitable. Mark & Richard are first in line for this go-round. I may have more later.

Thanks
Edgar

Janster

That was part of the reason for my post - I'm trying to learn more about WW casting. After some conversation with Mark, I think that about half of the box was useful & about half was just too plain.

I'm trying to come up with a better selection that will be more suitable. Mark & Richard are first in line for this go-round. I may have more later.

Thanks
Edgar

Thanks, if I can help please, contact me! Be well......Jan

Top Bottom