Almost Free wood practice blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Get a drink and settle in for a story. A gentleman in my town happened across the IAP forum. I have never met him before. He contacted me through an email that he had a small pallet of wood scraps that he wanted to go to someone who would use them. He did not want them resold on Ebay. After a few emails back and forth I went out to his house and picked up the wood. Most of the scrap is Walnut and Cherry. There is a smattering of Mahogany and Oak. THere may even be a piece of maple. I have cut most of it up into 3/4 x 3/4 strips. length is 8-11 inches long.
Here is the deal. I have at the moment 4 medium flat rate boxes packed and ready to go. The majority of the wood is walnut, Then Cherry then a few pieces of other stuff. There are around 6 -8 pieces that are less than 11 inches long in each box. There are 7 rows of 10 in each box so 70 pieces total that should produce 2 pen each. More if you do the Sierra styles.

The cost of the Box is $12.00 Thats for covering shipping and paypal fees.
You can have only one box.
You must make a pen for the gentleman that gave me the wood. I will pm you his name and address if you get one of the boxes. It doesnt have to be a platinum diamond covered ruby crusted pen. A slim line or cigar or sierra will do. He just thought it would be nice to get a pen back from it.

I have a few pieces left to cut and some smaller left overs I will put together in Small Flat Rate boxes and post them later.
THere are some glue up cut offs that I have to see if they can be salvaged and some 2x2 cherry stock I need to decide what can be done with it.

Any takers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Pms returned and sent If you want on the list let me know I have some cherry drops and other stuff I need to cut up and get rid of my self. So even when the 4 are gone put your name in or if you just want a small flat rate box with 20 for $6.00 let me know. THe fourth one is yours.

Mike that is pretty cool of the guy in your town and of you for doing this. I don't need any blanks just wanted to say thanks for doing it.

By the way if you run across one of those
"platinum diamond covered ruby crusted pen" I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Mike

Sataro

I 'm probably too late but I would like one of the smaller boxes if one still happens to be available.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have contacted all of you that I have boxes left to cover. If there are any that change their mind I will repost whats available.

I do have the following available. I dont know if its of any use but maybe someone will want it.

Cherry solid pieces no glue ups.
2- 1/4 square x 14- 1/4 ..... 1 piece

2 -1/4 square x 27 -3/4..... 1 piece

2- 1/2 x 2 x 34 ........ 1 piece

glue ups - walnut boards
2 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 25 1/4
2 1/2 x 2 3/4 x 24
2 1/2 x 2 3/4 x 16 1/2
2 x 4 x 14 3/4
2 x 4 x 14 1/4
1 7/8 x 3 1/2 x 14
1 3/4 x 4 x 14
1 3/4 x 4 x 17
1 5/8 x 2 5/8 x 14 3/4 qty 2 pieces.

Your welcome to it for postage. Claim it here in the thread please. We can figure out how to best cut it up for shipping if need be.

I am brand new to this. Just joined IAP yesterday. Seems reasonable to me that I will need to practice and your offer is very generous. I understand that your offer has already been requested but if you have any in the future I would be interested.
Boswell

Top Bottom