African Blackwood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anyone know where I can find some African Blackwood burl? I know the stuff is rare and expensive, but my client is a plastic surgeon and seems to not care about the price as much as the story behind the wood (my kind of customer!)

I'd like enough to make 3 PSI Majesty products and possibly a custom case.

Thanks for any help!

Bradley

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I got mine from Steve Smith on Woodbarter.com - I think he is a member here too, last thing I remember him selling was an up-market pen kit (Emperor, maybe)

Good luck - it's wonderful if you can find it.

Edit: his user name here is SS

Last edited:
I am specifically looking for burl wood, as I can get the traditional wood fairly easily. If you find that's what you have let me know. I need enough for 2 PSI Majesty pens, a letter opener and a case to house them all.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Duncan, I'm not able to find a user by the handle 'SS' on this forum. I'm new to forums in general, and I'd prefer to stick around here to have a conversation if I can. I don't feel like signing up for 9 different forums today, I can barely handle Facebook.

How would I go about contacting the gentleman you suggested?

SteveG

I bought some of the Blackwood burl from SS in August 2014. He shows up on the membership list, may still have some stock remaining. If you try that and are unsuccessful, PM me, I may be convinced to part with some of that wood I purchased from that thread. You can read my claiming post, and see the ones I acquired.

duncsuss

Hi Duncan, I'm not able to find a user by the handle 'SS' on this forum. I'm new to forums in general, and I'd prefer to stick around here to have a conversation if I can. I don't feel like signing up for 9 different forums today, I can barely handle Facebook.

How would I go about contacting the gentleman you suggested?

This LINK might work to start a private message with Steve; if it doesn't, try THIS LINK to get to his profile page, then click to the "Contact Info" tab.

Top Bottom