3/4" white corian blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Hello,

I am looking for some 3/4" white Corian blanks. I am going to try to do some water slide labels and need white blanks, do not know if it matters which color white, just not an off-white. They do not need to be a full 3/4" but probably at least 5/8", the will be used in Liberty and Coyote pens.

Thanks,

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Hello,

I am looking for some 3/4" white Corian blanks. I am going to try to do some water slide labels and need white blanks, do not know if it matters which color white, just not an off-white. They do not need to be a full 3/4" but probably at least 5/8", the will be used in Liberty and Coyote pens.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, I've got some white Corian. Keep in mind, Corian is manufactured in 1/2" thickness typically. So we can glue up 2 pieces or square sections to get you the blank you need.

The Glacier White, and the Cameo White Corian is, or at least it was at one time available in 3/4" thickness.

I suggest that you contact any local solid surface fabricators and ask if they have any scraps or remnants laying around. They most likely will gladly give you or sell you some if you tell them what you are doing with it.

Bill

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
i've got 1 that's 3/4
left... pm addr if you want it..

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 106

builtbybill

Thanks for all of the input guys, I think I have found someone to help me out.

I definitely need to find a connection locally, it has been a while since I have turned it but from what I remember I really liked it, plus it is not transparent.

Quality Pen

Since the subject seems resolved...

I'm really curious what is the benefit to corian... as opposed to simply using white polyresin or acrylic?...

builtbybill

Since the subject seems resolved...

I'm really curious what is the benefit to corian... as opposed to simply using white polyresin or acrylic?...

It has been quite a while since I have turned it but from what I remember it was not at all transparent, so no need to paint any tubes, and it has a little more weight and a less "plasticky" feel to it. Any experienced Corian turners out there please let me know if I am wrong in my assessment of the benefits of Corian over acrylic.

TonyL

Corian

I prefer it to store-bought acrylic...just seems to turn more easily and appears more opaque. I don't know why it would be...I understand that is very much, or the same as acrylic. I just made a click Big Ben out of it...easily to turn and polish. It might be my imagination.

Attachments

• Black Corian.jpg
    Black Corian.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 88

builtbybill

I have a nice supply of 3/4 white corian.

Dean,

Thanks for the offer. I just found 2 local counter top installers that have given me permission to dig through their scraps, so if that does not work out I will definitely let you know.

Bill

Top Bottom