#1mt Live and Dead Centers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navyvetstg

Good Afternoon,

I am in search of 60 degree live and dead centers for my Harbor Freight lathe and maybe a chuck. I do not want to spend too much money as I plan on upgrading my lathe later this year. Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated. TIA, Glen

KenV

Welcome Glen,

I used to run a MT 1 lathe. Still have one with the sale threads (3/4 by 16) but without the MT.

MT 1 drive centers, live center, dead centers are available from most of the dealers who sell turning supplies and from Amazon. Be sure to get 60 degree live center as there are many which are not.

Chuck is a matter of style. I used a Oneway talon chuck (not a cheap one) with an insert to fit the 3/4 by 16 headstock. I later changed the insert and still use it. Chucks are expensive enough to get a better one with an insert. Oneway Talon and Nova G3 are good quality and will move from lathe to lathe. Heard good things about Hurricane Chucks, but do not have one.

eharri446

Try WoodTurningZ, they have the drive center for $9.95 and the live center for $17.95.
If you have the Harbor Freight 10X18 wood lathe, you will need the MT2 versions.

Top Bottom