19/32 drillbit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Tim

I cannot resist

How many 64ths of an inch are there in 1/2 inch?

Is it larger or smaller than 19/64 ?

jttheclockman

Tim made a mistake. His set has a bit that is 19/64 not 19/32 which we all know is larger than 1/2" if 16/32 = 1/2" So to sum it up the bit in question is 3/32" larger than 1/2" or 6/64 " larger than 1/2"

Home Depot may have to order the bit. I do not believe they carry as normal bits. Be careful of the shank size.

Last edited:

TimS124

SteveG

With some years of pen turning under my belt, I have found great value in using HIGH QUALITY drill bits for pen making. This resulted in my having nearly all the typical "kit" size bits being of nice quality. (Nice quality= straight shank, tough and strong metals, truly sharp right out of the box and staying sharp a long time, non-clogging surface treatment of the flutes.) I recently bought A full set ...fraction,number,letter bits...and am very happy to have traded a significant amount of my hard earned money for this set. I bought the Norseman Super Premium brand, which can also be found online in individual sizes. There are a number of other quality brands, of course. These far out-shine anything to be found at Lowes, HD, etc.

Try it...you will like it!! I doubt that YMMV in this case. :)

KenV

And you will need a chuck larger than 1/2 inch capacity. You need not ask about the experience that caused me to add that suggestion.

jttheclockman

And you will need a chuck larger than 1/2 inch capacity. You need not ask about the experience that caused me to add that suggestion.

Yes I made that comment also. You can get a turned down 1/2" shank bit though. Just need to be aware when buying.

Top Bottom